A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Remicade - from FDA reports
11,031 females aged 59 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 59 year old female patient who has Ankylosing Spondylitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 19, 2017
11,031 females aged 59 (±5) who takes Remicade are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 59
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Drugs taken:
- Remicade (infliximab)
- Side effects: Hot Flashes
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hot Flashes: 34 (0.31% of females aged 59 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hot Flashes in Ankylosing Spondylitis: 23 (0.57% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Ankylosing Spondylitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hot Flashes in Remicade: 34 (0.31% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Remicade)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (611 people, 5.54%)
- High Blood Pressure (381 people, 3.45%)
- Pain (285 people, 2.58%)
- Osteoporosis (214 people, 1.94%)
- Depression (208 people, 1.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (3,191 people, 28.93%)
- Folic Acid (1,142 people, 10.35%)
- Prednisone (999 people, 9.06%)
- Enbrel (654 people, 5.93%)
- Prednisolone (643 people, 5.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Infusion Related Reaction (782 people, 7.09%)
- Drug Ineffective (588 people, 5.33%)
- Joint Pain (479 people, 4.34%)
- Nausea (457 people, 4.14%)
- Breathing Difficulty (449 people, 4.07%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Remicade 125,347 users)
What are the conditions?
- Ankylosing spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Remicade, Sulfasalazine, Celebrex (latest reports from 50,849 Ankylosing spondylitis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hot flashes has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, prostate cancer, endometriosis, breast cancer, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 37,553 Hot flashes patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I took the pill right after unprotected sex this was on September 8 i took the pill on the 9th , 2 weeks later i had some sort of spotting 3 days before my period and it lasted only 4 days light flow my period is always heavy i dont know if i should consider that a period i took 4 pregnancy ...
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
I'm a male that is almost 73 years old. I've been on Ambien for almost three months. About 20 days ago I started experiencing feeling hot in the head and shoulders. At first these hot feelings would start in the middle of the afternoon and end in the early evening. But now they sometimes start ...
hi, I had side effects from Depo, so my Gyne' told me to go onto Nordette. I'm experiencing symptoms of early menopause, (I'm turning 40 this year) ... can I use pills for menopause (Femular) together with the Nordette ?
68 years old. Hysterectomy approx 18 years. No natural children. First prescribed Premarin .then commenced Sandrna fell and had been using this for man years to control symptoms with good results. No problems. Recently dr. Suggested that because I had been on medication for some years to try ...
You may be interested in these reviews
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
I've been on Remicade and Methotrexate for 4 months and it has helped my joint pain considerably. However, the most alarming side effect I'm experiencing is memory loss- short term. Is there anything I can do to mitigate this problem? The hair loss is also difficult to deal with; but I'm ...
I've been on Brilinta since 11/25/16 and have limited LAD distribution myocardial infarction and a low EF. Hot flashes have been a part of my life for years and are only worse now. Shortness of breath is also an issue making exercise and physical recovery difficult.