A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Amoxicillin - from FDA reports
2,202 females aged 22 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 22 year old female patient who has Tonsillitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 19, 2017
2,202 females aged 22 (±5) who takes Amoxicillin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 22
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Tonsillitis
- Drugs taken:
- Amoxicillin (amoxicillin)
- Side effects: Muscle Pain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Pain: 54 (2.45% of females aged 22 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Pain in Tonsillitis: 2 (1.27% of females aged 22 (±5) who have Tonsillitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Pain in Amoxicillin: 54 (2.45% of females aged 22 (±5) who take Amoxicillin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (361 people, 16.39%)
- Pain (121 people, 5.50%)
- Depression (110 people, 5.00%)
- Oral Contraception (94 people, 4.27%)
- Asthma (91 people, 4.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (384 people, 17.44%)
- Yaz (362 people, 16.44%)
- Ibuprofen (247 people, 11.22%)
- Azithromycin (131 people, 5.95%)
- Acetaminophen (129 people, 5.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (318 people, 14.44%)
- Injury (215 people, 9.76%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (206 people, 9.36%)
- Stress And Anxiety (194 people, 8.81%)
- Cholecystitis Chronic (193 people, 8.76%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 38,405 users)
What are the conditions?
- Tonsillitis (inflammation of tonsil) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Penicillin-vk, Penicillin, Prednisone, Azithromycin (latest reports from 3,977 Tonsillitis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Muscle pain has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 113,812 Muscle pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Heavy legs, numb feet, better in AM and worsens during day and abates a bit in the evening. Was taking 500 mg daily, now 3x weakly, but tapering off a bit now because Hb and WBC less than optimal at present. Symptoms abating slightly on lower dosage. Also severe cramps in AM.
is there any connection between taking a diuretic and experiencing muscle pain? I've been on one for years and years, but my experience tells me that any drug can cause a reaction AT ANY TIME. Doesn't matter how long ( or short ) a person has been on a drug. Has anyone else gone thru this???
Is there any connection with licorice and muscle pain? I'm curious. I've never heard about this ever, but one never knows. I regularly eat licorice and have horrible muscle pain..Just wondering. If anyone has any info on this, would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
Someone at the doctor's office changed the amount I was being given of the Lisinopril from 40 mg., to 10 mg. After this I started falling. Doctor said it is not in the records who had changed the dose. Pharmacist said it was this change that increased the weakness in my arms and legs. Doctor ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hey all! I've recently started taking Amoxicillin for an ear infection. Today I was out in the sun for about 6 hours (with sunscreen) and was left with a bright red, extremely painful burn. The pain is almost unbearable, and I am unsure as to what I can do besides applying liberal amounts of ...
I am a CKD patient recently underwent bypass surgery. I am on medicine and dialysis thrice weekly. Now I am having caugh and the sputum has changed to yellow. My chest is clear. I was wondering if Amoxicillin could be taken with all this medication.
Hi there, I was given Amoxicillin approximately 18 months ago for a tooth infection by my dentist. Within 12 hours I suffered a very bad reaction, throat and mouth extremely inflamed and felt like they were on fire. I ended up not speaking for 4 days as each time I tried I was in agony for ...
I took amoxicillin for near 1week. 2caps 2x aday due to fever and bad flu. My menses is now delayed 15days. I have done my ligation but now I got worried am I pregnant (1% of ppl doing ligation) or is just normal to have delay. Tq