A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Xifaxan - from FDA reports
244 females aged 76 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 76 year old female patient who has Abdominal Bloating. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 19, 2017
244 females aged 76 (±5) who takes Xifaxan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 76
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Abdominal Bloating
- Drugs taken:
- Xifaxan (rifaximin)
- Side effects: Abnormal Weight Gain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Abnormal Weight Gain: 0 (0% of females aged 76 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Abnormal Weight Gain in Abdominal Bloating: 0 (0% of females aged 76 (±5) who have Abdominal Bloating)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Abnormal Weight Gain in Xifaxan: 0 (0% of females aged 76 (±5) who take Xifaxan)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (23 people, 9.43%)
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (20 people, 8.20%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (16 people, 6.56%)
- Pain (15 people, 6.15%)
- Diabetes (14 people, 5.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (34 people, 13.93%)
- Lasix (28 people, 11.48%)
- Aldactone (19 people, 7.79%)
- Vitamin D (12 people, 4.92%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 4.92%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Death (24 people, 9.84%)
- Nausea (20 people, 8.20%)
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (14 people, 5.74%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 5.74%)
- Fall (14 people, 5.74%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Xifaxan has active ingredients of rifaximin. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Xifaxan 3,264 users)
What are the conditions?
- Abdominal bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen) can be treated by Simethicone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Furosemide, Nexium, Bentyl (latest reports from 619 Abdominal bloating patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Abnormal weight gain has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder (latest reports from 6,871 Abnormal weight gain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I'm trying to find out what type of interactions there could be between these two meds. I can't seem to find anything but the nurse told me that I shouldn't take my bentyl while on the antibiotic. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks
My husband has non alcoholic cirrhosis and is taking Xifaxan for his memory etc. He can't take Lactulose yet because he recently had C Diff and Pneumonia. He is having bowel movements every time he sits on the toilet... loose with a lot of gas. I was giving him Probiotics and wonder which of ...
My husband was treated with xifaxan for diarrhea for many months. He died in December of septic shock. He had breathing difficulties, a bleeding stomach ulcer, and was treated with shots for a low white blood cell count. Does anybody have any experience with this?
You may be interested in these reviews
Just filled Xifaxan i have been on gleevec 12 years woried I hace alot of bad bacteria in my stomach they done a hydrogen air test where i had to send in 12 breath tubes. It came back positive for bad bacteria .does anyone else have this I have had bloating over a year . But i dont have IBS-D ...
Diagnosis: SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) I took nine doses of Xifaxan (four days/two per day 550 mg each tablet) and stopped because of increased abdominal bloating and diarrhea. One to three days later I took a dose of Miralax for constipation. I may have taken a second ...
Just started Cymbalta 20 mg 1x/day on 1/11/17 (for pain) and I've been on Xifaxin 550 mg 2x/day since March 2015 (for stage IV Cirrhosis). Not getting any pain relief although feeling hand tremors, dizzy, nausea, headaches and loss of coordination. Don't think I can take this any longer!