A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Fastin, Ortho Tri-Cyclen - from FDA reports
190 females aged 26 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 26 year old female patient who has Depression, Obesity, Contraception. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 19, 2017
190 females aged 26 (±5) who takes Zoloft, Fastin, Ortho Tri-Cyclen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 26
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Depression, Obesity, Contraception
- Drugs taken:
- Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride)
- Fastin (phentermine hydrochloride)
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate)
- Drug interactions: Hyperglycemia, Weight Loss
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hyperglycemia: 0 (0% of females aged 26 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Weight Loss: 0 (0% of females aged 26 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hyperglycemia in Depression: 41 (0.37% of females aged 26 (±5) who have Depression)
- Hyperglycemia in Obesity: 2 (0.29% of females aged 26 (±5) who have Obesity)
- Hyperglycemia in Contraception: 29 (0.05% of females aged 26 (±5) who have Contraception)
- Weight Loss in Depression: 87 (0.78% of females aged 26 (±5) who have Depression)
- Weight Loss in Obesity: 2 (0.29% of females aged 26 (±5) who have Obesity)
- Weight Loss in Contraception: 100 (0.17% of females aged 26 (±5) who have Contraception)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hyperglycemia in Zoloft: 22 (0.29% of females aged 26 (±5) who take Zoloft)
- Hyperglycemia in Fastin: 3 (0.22% of females aged 26 (±5) who take Fastin)
- Hyperglycemia in Ortho Tri-Cyclen: 12 (0.35% of females aged 26 (±5) who take Ortho Tri-Cyclen)
- Weight Loss in Zoloft: 51 (0.67% of females aged 26 (±5) who take Zoloft)
- Weight Loss in Fastin: 5 (0.37% of females aged 26 (±5) who take Fastin)
- Weight Loss in Ortho Tri-Cyclen: 5 (0.15% of females aged 26 (±5) who take Ortho Tri-Cyclen)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Oral Contraception (13 people, 6.84%)
- Narcolepsy (13 people, 6.84%)
- Cataplexy (8 people, 4.21%)
- Weight Decreased (6 people, 3.16%)
- Crohn's Disease (6 people, 3.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Accutane (27 people, 14.21%)
- Yasmin (24 people, 12.63%)
- Xanax (22 people, 11.58%)
- Yaz (20 people, 10.53%)
- Xyrem (13 people, 6.84%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (31 people, 16.32%)
- Headache (25 people, 13.16%)
- Drug Ineffective (22 people, 11.58%)
- Colitis (20 people, 10.53%)
- Anaemia (20 people, 10.53%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 102,551 users)
- Fastin has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from Fastin 2,138 users)
- Ortho tri-cyclen has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Ortho tri-cyclen 5,635 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 382,313 Depression patients)
- Obesity (a medical condition in which excess body fat) can be treated by Phentermine hydrochloride, Phentermine, Adipex-p, Alli, Topamax (latest reports from 29,432 Obesity patients)
- Contraception can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 181,842 Contraception patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,309 Hyperglycemia patients).
- Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 29,430 Weight loss patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Zoloft and Fastin drug interaction
- Zoloft and Ortho tri-cyclen drug interaction
- Fastin and Ortho tri-cyclen drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I'm not sure if I should discontinue the Zoloft since I have noticed much more hair pulling. My daughter is being treated for OCD. She has said she feels a little better being on Zoloft but she is still pulling out her eye brows and eye lashes and now she is pulling the hair out on the sides ...
i forgot to add to my post that I believe my weight loss of 20 lbs over the last 5 years is from the temazepam. Any suggestions or comments, I am very thin, and cannot gain weight, especially the weight i lost.
Hello, I have been taking Zoloft for about two months now and I have back pain and hip pain. Will it go away soon? I had nausea for a week at the beginning but I was fine after so I'm wondering if I should hold on or change medication. Anybody has any idea??
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking sertraline In all for about 4 years I stopped for a few months and went back to square one with anxiety attacks so been taking them from then on I want to start taking milk thissel which I took one yesterday am am not sure if it was just coincidence but felt very anxious today ...
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
Just started zoloft 2 weeks ago- 1st week was 25mg and second week is now 50mg. I have pelvic pain or bladder pain. I'm not sure if that's an anxiety symptom or the zoloft. Should I continue? Does it go away?
hi I have been on Temazepan for the last 5 years, 25 milligrams. I am thinking of going off it. I have tried twice without success. Any suggestons, or better substitutes. I am an active 82 year old female