A study for a 57 year old man who takes Zide - from FDA reports
7,883 males aged 57 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 57 year old male patient who has Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 19, 2017
7,883 males aged 57 (±5) who takes Zide are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 57
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypertension
- Drugs taken:
- Zide (hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side effects: Stomachache
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Stomachache: 124 (1.57% of males aged 57 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Stomachache in Hypertension: 436 (1.61% of males aged 57 (±5) who have Hypertension)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Stomachache in Zide: 124 (1.57% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Zide)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (660 people, 8.37%)
- Diabetes (605 people, 7.67%)
- Pain (419 people, 5.32%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (356 people, 4.52%)
- Depression (313 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril (1,225 people, 15.54%)
- Aspirin (866 people, 10.99%)
- Lipitor (668 people, 8.47%)
- Atenolol (612 people, 7.76%)
- Simvastatin (543 people, 6.89%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (469 people, 5.95%)
- Nausea (453 people, 5.75%)
- Drug Ineffective (400 people, 5.07%)
- Weakness (378 people, 4.80%)
- Dizziness (378 people, 4.80%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Zide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Zide 94,605 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 525,164 Hypertension patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Stomachache (stomach pain) has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 133,749 Stomachache patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
Developed symptoms of a severe allergic reaction within 2hrs after ingesting.the probiotics. Which lasted for 24hrs. and slowly decreased in intensity before causing me to develop worse symptoms weeks later.
I took 500mg twice a day for 20 days for sinusitis and I finished all of the cefprozil 2 days ago and for the past 2 days my stomach feels like battery acid is in it and mylanta is not helping....how long will it take until this goes away?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I just started taking Hydrochlorothiazide 10 days ago. As of last night I have a persistent stabbing stomach pain, sometimes it feels hot. Not much for an appetite. And feeling nauseous :/. What causes the stomach pain when on Hydrochlorothiazide ?
I just started Gilenya 5 days ago and have had stomach pain from day two on. Everyday so far. Has anyone found out why? I've never had problems with stomach pain before unless sick and rarely. It's concerning??