A study for a 90 year old woman who takes Eliquis - from FDA reports
1,484 females aged 90 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 90 year old female patient who has A-Fib. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 18, 2017
1,484 females aged 90 (±5) who takes Eliquis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 90
- Gender: female
- Conditions: A-Fib
- Drugs taken:
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Side effects: Freckles
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Freckles: 0 (0% of females aged 90 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Freckles in A-Fib: 0 (0% of females aged 90 (±5) who have A-Fib)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Freckles in Eliquis: 0 (0% of females aged 90 (±5) who take Eliquis)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stroke (606 people, 40.84%)
- High Blood Pressure (139 people, 9.37%)
- Cardiac Failure (48 people, 3.23%)
- Pain (41 people, 2.76%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (31 people, 2.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (94 people, 6.33%)
- Amlodipine (68 people, 4.58%)
- Pantoprazole (49 people, 3.30%)
- Synthroid (44 people, 2.96%)
- Paracetamol (44 people, 2.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (112 people, 7.55%)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (85 people, 5.73%)
- Death (74 people, 4.99%)
- Breathing Difficulty (62 people, 4.18%)
- Haemorrhage (53 people, 3.57%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Eliquis has active ingredients of apixaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Eliquis 22,333 users)
What are the conditions?
- A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) can be treated by Warfarin sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa (latest reports from 174,303 A-fib patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Freckles (red or brown spots on the skin) has been reported by people with gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 19 Freckles patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
After being treated for ITP for several months on high doses of prednisone, 120mg daily, I developed many pulmonary embolisms in both lungs at same time, December 2015. Started on Warfarin and just a month ago the doc switched me to Eliquis after being off warfarin for a few weeks due to a ...
I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
You may be interested in these reviews
I was fitted with a pacemaker In NOV, 2015 and began taking Eliquis. Within a year my weight increased by over 40 pounds. Ultimately I was wheeled into the emergency room hardly able to breathe. They gave me a breathalyzer, didn't work. I was put on medication to reduce my water weight ...
I have been taking eliquis for a while know and never had an issues with it. I noticed a few days ago that I have bruising on my toes on my right foot and some soreness a bluing on my right hand. I am not sure of course if it it chloestrol embolism
Hi! I am a 68 year old male. I suffered a DVT and a PE back in December. I was put on Coumadin for three months, and then switched to Eliquis. I am tolerating it well. I suffer from time to time with muscle and joint pains. The only thing that seems to help is Ibuprofin. Some of these pains are ...
I am new to the group. I have been taking Eliquis (5 mg. twice daily) since December 2016. About a month or two in I began developing a cough. There is no blood in my sputum, and I am not short of breath. There is no pain. The cough is especially heavy when I have post-nasal drip.