A study for a 54 year old man who takes Glucophage Xr - from FDA reports
20,773 males aged 54 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 54 year old male patient who has Diabetes. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
20,773 males aged 54 (±5) who takes Glucophage Xr are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 54
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Diabetes
- Drugs taken:
- Glucophage Xr (metformin hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Pain - Joints
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Pain - Joints: 423 (2.04% of males aged 54 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Pain - Joints in Diabetes: 221 (1.19% of males aged 54 (±5) who have Diabetes)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Pain - Joints in Glucophage Xr: 423 (2.04% of males aged 54 (±5) who take Glucophage Xr)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (2,449 people, 11.79%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,663 people, 8.01%)
- Pain (759 people, 3.65%)
- Depression (673 people, 3.24%)
- Psoriasis (437 people, 2.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Byetta (2,190 people, 10.54%)
- Aspirin (1,994 people, 9.60%)
- Avandia (1,931 people, 9.30%)
- Lisinopril (1,846 people, 8.89%)
- Lipitor (1,778 people, 8.56%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Glucose Increased (1,858 people, 8.94%)
- Nausea (1,492 people, 7.18%)
- Weight Decreased (1,215 people, 5.85%)
- Heart Attack (1,213 people, 5.84%)
- Drug Ineffective (1,025 people, 4.93%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Glucophage xr has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glucophage xr 2,868 users)
What are the conditions?
- Diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide (latest reports from 285,416 Diabetes patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Pain - joints has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 221,845 Pain - joints patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I started taking Topamax (topiramate) a couple months ago. I started experiencing a lot of joint and muscle pain. Ibuprofen and Aleve don't help. Thinking the pain might be related to the Topamax, my doctor recommended I stop taking it, saying- we will know if the drug is causing it if side ...
Hi, I just had my medical checkup and the report shown that my T-score @ -4. I took Fosamax as per instruction once a week. Everything just happens at second week after consumed Fosamax. That time I felt chest pain / chest burn and I stop taking Fosamax plus. 2 days later all my joints ...
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
I have been using Faslodex for one year for metastatic breast cancer that had spread to my bones and lymph nodes. The response has been excellent. Most of the cancer is gone. I have minor side effects (e.g., headache, nausea, etc.). My only real complaint is pain in my right hip joint that ...