A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Prozac - from FDA reports
3,505 females aged 18 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 18 year old female patient who has Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
3,505 females aged 18 (±5) who takes Prozac are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 18
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Nasal Congestion, Cough, Sore Throat
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Nasal Congestion: 7 (0.2% of females aged 18 (±5) who take the drug)
- Cough: 14 (0.4% of females aged 18 (±5) who take the drug)
- Sore Throat: 0 (0% of females aged 18 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in Depression: 44 (0.76% of females aged 18 (±5) who have Depression)
- Nasal Congestion in Depression: 14 (0.24% of females aged 18 (±5) who have Depression)
- Sore Throat in Depression: 0 (0% of females aged 18 (±5) who have Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in Prozac: 14 (0.4% of females aged 18 (±5) who take Prozac)
- Nasal Congestion in Prozac: 7 (0.2% of females aged 18 (±5) who take Prozac)
- Sore Throat in Prozac: 0 (0% of females aged 18 (±5) who take Prozac)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (277 people, 7.90%)
- Acne (80 people, 2.28%)
- Crohn's Disease (78 people, 2.23%)
- Narcolepsy (68 people, 1.94%)
- Migraine (55 people, 1.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz (194 people, 5.53%)
- Yasmin (180 people, 5.14%)
- Abilify (163 people, 4.65%)
- Seroquel (129 people, 3.68%)
- Ibuprofen (128 people, 3.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (277 people, 7.90%)
- Suicidal Ideation (238 people, 6.79%)
- Suicide Attempt (203 people, 5.79%)
- Fatigue (182 people, 5.19%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (177 people, 5.05%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Prozac 59,699 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 382,687 Depression patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, pulmonary hypertension, psoriasis (latest reports from 32,498 Nasal congestion patients).
- Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 143,521 Cough patients).
- Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, high blood cholesterol, sleep disorder, nausea (latest reports from 689 Sore throat patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
Can anyone tell me if they have gotten more relief of nervous symptoms by combining prozac with buspirone? 20mg of Prozac has relieved all symptoms except for a constant tightness in my stomach. I am taking Buspirone with it for 2 weeks now. The tight stomach is worse and I'm awake from 3am. I ...
just wondering how many are on disability for this stupid agonizing condition? i am at my job for 30 years , but this ocd stuff is killing me and i dont leave the house much but to go to work. and now i dont even want to go to worrk! would i qualify for disability benefits? already been ...
Almost every day I get a sensation in my throat that lasts forever! It feels like something is stuck in my throat even though I hadn't eaten anything. Like a feeling of mucus stuck there and I can't bring it up no matter how much I keep clearing my throat. I'm sure my esophagus and throat are ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Looking for people to communicate with that are experiencing episodic coughing spells after taking casodex. The cough is severe and makes me so fatigue and causes my back to hurt. What are others doing for their coughs?
I made a phone call to someone if I were in my right mind I never would have called. She herself had a stroke and her personality changed and she is no longer herself so she started hurting us very badly and I had to give up my property to get away from her. Today my real deal friend is furious ...
I was misdiagnosed with major depression, and prescribed Prozac 20mg. I actually have Bipolar 1 disorder. Six days into taking Prozac that night I began having horrible thoughts, and urges to stab my mother with a knife, slit my dogs throat, and slit my own throat. I knew these thoughts were ...
I started Xeloda in March, Before it I had a cough from flu and another chemo. It almost subsided. Now I cough every day it affected talking. In the mornings I coughed violently, non-stop till vomiting. Take different cough remedies but it does not help.
I am new to the group. I have been taking Eliquis (5 mg. twice daily) since December 2016. About a month or two in I began developing a cough. There is no blood in my sputum, and I am not short of breath. There is no pain. The cough is especially heavy when I have post-nasal drip.