A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Cephalexin - from FDA reports
1,489 females aged 43 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 43 year old female patient who has Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
1,489 females aged 43 (±5) who takes Cephalexin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 43
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Uti
- Drugs taken:
- Cephalexin (cephalexin)
- Side effects: Drowsiness
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Drowsiness: 43 (2.89% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Drowsiness in Uti: 30 (1.86% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Uti)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Drowsiness in Cephalexin: 43 (2.89% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Cephalexin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (138 people, 9.27%)
- Depression (108 people, 7.25%)
- Birth Control (82 people, 5.51%)
- Stress And Anxiety (72 people, 4.84%)
- High Blood Pressure (54 people, 3.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz (141 people, 9.47%)
- Ibuprofen (139 people, 9.34%)
- Yasmin (137 people, 9.20%)
- Ambien (118 people, 7.92%)
- Zoloft (116 people, 7.79%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (277 people, 18.60%)
- Stress And Anxiety (199 people, 13.36%)
- Injury (187 people, 12.56%)
- Fatigue (179 people, 12.02%)
- Nausea (177 people, 11.89%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 11,864 users)
What are the conditions?
- Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Macrobid, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim ds (latest reports from 119,390 Uti patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 123,297 Drowsiness patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on multiple rounds of antibiotics for bladder infections and have developed this burning that is getting worse. This has been going on for about 8 or 9 months. It is getting unbearable and none of the doctors I've seen know what it is. Tried Neurontin (300 mg) and it didn't phase ...
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...
Hello, I am on day 11 of an increased dose of Sertraline 200mg. I'm sleeping well, my appetite is already improving, etc etc, but I feel so groggy and headachey. Has anyone else experienced this, and does it go away? Thanks
i developed these symptomes from last day. i had also chills but ER didnt do anything after waiting 10hrs to see a dr. it has left two pills(Day 10) and i have very very vivid dreams, headache, abit vertigo, blance issue, and slept all day long. i am not taking the last two pills anyway. i am ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I Found this group searching for side effects of cephlaxin, I have been taking 500 mg every 8 Hours and have never felt so strung out and jittery! Looking for people with similar experience with this!
I developed an ear infection at the beginning of April. Went to urgent care after about a week of trying to deal with it on my own. Ear swelled up and had lots of weeping. Put on cephalexin. After 8 days I developed hives on arms and was told to take benadryl. The next day I had what I ...
I have had continuous days of drowsiness. The doctors have ran all kinds of tests on me from MRI, CT Scan, EEG and nothing has been found. I was in the hospital for almost a week as I was only staying awake for an hour a day. I was prescribed Sinemet for restless leg and have been taking it ...