A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Sertraline, Mirena - from FDA reports
112 females aged 43 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 43 year old female patient who has Depression, Menorrhagia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
112 females aged 43 (±5) who takes Sertraline, Mirena are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 43
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Depression, Menorrhagia
- Drugs taken:
- Sertraline (sertraline hydrochloride)
- Mirena (levonorgestrel)
- Drug interactions: Pelvic Pain, Post Coital Bleeding, Ovarian Cysts
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Pelvic Pain: 5 (4.46% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Post Coital Bleeding: 0 (0% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Ovarian Cysts: 0 (0% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ovarian Cysts in Depression: 69 (0.31% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Depression)
- Ovarian Cysts in Menorrhagia: 46 (1.57% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Menorrhagia)
- Pelvic Pain in Depression: 55 (0.25% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Depression)
- Pelvic Pain in Menorrhagia: 81 (2.77% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Menorrhagia)
- Post Coital Bleeding in Depression: 0 (0% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Depression)
- Post Coital Bleeding in Menorrhagia: 0 (0% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Menorrhagia)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ovarian Cysts in Sertraline: 62 (0.49% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Sertraline)
- Ovarian Cysts in Mirena: 216 (1.54% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Mirena)
- Pelvic Pain in Sertraline: 36 (0.28% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Sertraline)
- Pelvic Pain in Mirena: 447 (3.18% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Mirena)
- Post Coital Bleeding in Sertraline: 0 (0% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Sertraline)
- Post Coital Bleeding in Mirena: 0 (0% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Mirena)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (9 people, 8.04%)
- Pain (6 people, 5.36%)
- Epilepsy (5 people, 4.46%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 3.57%)
- Eczema (4 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ativan (18 people, 16.07%)
- Nexium (17 people, 15.18%)
- Dilaudid (16 people, 14.29%)
- Bactrim Ds (16 people, 14.29%)
- Albuterol (16 people, 14.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (21 people, 18.75%)
- Pain (15 people, 13.39%)
- Joint Pain (15 people, 13.39%)
- Abdominal Pain (15 people, 13.39%)
- Hypotension (14 people, 12.50%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Sertraline has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Sertraline 53,545 users)
- Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Mirena 98,278 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 382,687 Depression patients)
- Menorrhagia (an abnormally heavy bleeding and prolonged menstrual period at regular intervals) can be treated by Mirena, Tranexamic acid, Progesterone, Depo-provera, Provera (latest reports from 25,647 Menorrhagia patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Pelvic pain has been reported by people with birth control, endometriosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 12,797 Pelvic pain patients).
- Post coital bleeding (non-menstrual vaginal bleeding that occurs after sexual intercourse) has been reported by people with birth control, hyperlipidaemia, urinary tract infection, menstruation irregular, heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding (latest reports from 67 Post coital bleeding patients).
- Ovarian cysts (fluid filled sacs of the ovary) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 10,104 Ovarian cysts patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I took levonogestrel more than 3 times. Last two months i suffered severe abdominal pain. So i take investigation like ultrasound. The result is that i had ovarian cyst. Another changes aslo had. They are my face is changed. I had rough face with small cyst and acnes on my face and my face is ...
I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia in 2007 - the same year I started using Mirena. Have had two inserts in the last 10 years. Getting ready to have new insert put in. Just curious if anyone thinks by Dystonia could be caused by Mirena.
I was taking Salmeterol Xinafoate for a couple of months...I had some type of overdose reaction (perhaps increased serum levels) and since then my body has gone through some awful things. During and after, I've developed widespread myofascial pain, headaches, abdominal pains, cataracts and an ...
I only got told a few weeks ago I had ovarie cyst I had one scan no probe or other cyst scanned .i go gynocology this week .on Monday I'm frightened to go alone.im exsausted clinical depression mental health spirits
You may be interested in these reviews
I am on mirena as have started getting dark patches on my cheeks. I want my IUD removed because of this but want to know if there is any chance at all that my skin will improve when I have it removed. Please someone give me something to grasp on to as it is really bothering me. My dark patches ...
I had the marina coil removed 14months ago after having in and renewed over 16yrs..my periods have not returned I have been trying for a baby the past 14 months. I've been told my fsh is high. And they believe I've been through my menopause and now want me to take hrt. I am not willing to five ...
I had Mirena coil inserted for endometrial hyperplasia six months ago. I have been havingnight sweats, resulting in insomnia. Today I have felt strange in my vaginal region and think I could have a vaginal prolapse or the coil has slipped-can this happen? Do I contact GP?
I've had a mirena put in for just over a year now. I've got perioral dermatitis around my mouth. I can't seem to get rid of it. I know eating preservatives makes it worse. Will removing the mirena help get rid of the dermatitis? I've heard steroid creams make it worse. Has anyone had any ...