A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Bactrim - from FDA reports
4,657 females aged 53 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 53 year old female patient who has Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
4,657 females aged 53 (±5) who takes Bactrim are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 53
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Uti
- Drugs taken:
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
- Side effects: Flank Pain, Groin Pain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Flank Pain: 13 (0.28% of females aged 53 (±5) who take the drug)
- Groin Pain: 2 (0.04% of females aged 53 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Flank Pain in Uti: 4 (0.2% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Uti)
- Groin Pain in Uti: 8 (0.4% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Uti)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Flank Pain in Bactrim: 13 (0.28% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Bactrim)
- Groin Pain in Bactrim: 2 (0.04% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Bactrim)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (407 people, 8.74%)
- Multiple Myeloma (332 people, 7.13%)
- Pain (236 people, 5.07%)
- High Blood Pressure (198 people, 4.25%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (168 people, 3.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (480 people, 10.31%)
- Lasix (318 people, 6.83%)
- Acyclovir (288 people, 6.18%)
- Nexium (254 people, 5.45%)
- Omeprazole (247 people, 5.30%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (479 people, 10.29%)
- Nausea (406 people, 8.72%)
- Rashes (357 people, 7.67%)
- Weakness (297 people, 6.38%)
- Fatigue (286 people, 6.14%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 43,284 users)
What are the conditions?
- Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Macrobid, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim ds (latest reports from 119,390 Uti patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Flank pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, birth control (latest reports from 6,365 Flank pain patients).
- Groin pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 7,408 Groin pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Could this cause a decrease of GFR and elevated creatinine? Hemolysis index was also elevated. I was only on Bactrim 2 days and used to be able to tolerate it. This time I was in the ER because of shakiness, dizziness, poor cognition. They found my GFR was 48 - one month ago it was normal. ...
I am 27 and have been on Bactrim for about 7 weeks due to a Staph Infection after a Felon in my finger. I have lost 25lbs in this time and it is starting to worry me. I haven't weighed 175lb since the 7th grade. Anyone have any insight or experiences like this on Bactrim?
I am suffering from short term memory loss after taking the antibiotic Bactrim. When I tell my doctor about the systems they tell me I do not know what I am talking about. As anyone had the same happen?
I've been taking Bactrim for 1 week. 5th day. I had irregular and fast heartbeat, tiredness, dizziness. I stopped taking it 2 day. Still have the symptom. What do I have to do? Will it go away? Thanks.
You may be interested in these reviews
I just realized on Monday that Bactrim is the reason for my encephalitis. I would like to file a law suit but it seems to statute of limitations is up. With a brain injury as severe as mine that doesn't seem right Especially when I had not put the tow together until Monday.
Hi, my husband who is 73 years old is taking predisone for ITP and autoimmune hemolytic anemia since October 31, 2016 one tab 3 times a week. On January 7, 2017 he developed Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis. They think the vasculitis may have been brought on by the Bactrim. The hematologist is ...