A study for a 42 year old man who takes Methotrexate, Folate - from FDA reports
942 males aged 42 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 42 year old male patient who has Plaque Psoriasis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
942 males aged 42 (±5) who takes Methotrexate, Folate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 42
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Plaque Psoriasis
- Drugs taken:
- Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium)
- Folate (folic acid)
- Drug interactions: Kidney Stones
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Kidney Stones: 4 (0.42% of males aged 42 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Kidney Stones in Plaque Psoriasis: 49 (0.47% of males aged 42 (±5) who have Plaque Psoriasis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Kidney Stones in Methotrexate: 26 (0.48% of males aged 42 (±5) who take Methotrexate)
- Kidney Stones in Folate: 15 (0.52% of males aged 42 (±5) who take Folate)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (144 people, 15.29%)
- Pain (71 people, 7.54%)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (66 people, 7.01%)
- Vitamin Supplementation (60 people, 6.37%)
- High Blood Pressure (56 people, 5.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (355 people, 37.69%)
- Enbrel (208 people, 22.08%)
- Prednisone (206 people, 21.87%)
- Remicade (152 people, 16.14%)
- Prednisolone (70 people, 7.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (67 people, 7.11%)
- Fever (66 people, 7.01%)
- Headache (50 people, 5.31%)
- Injection Site Pain (47 people, 4.99%)
- Rashes (45 people, 4.78%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 226,912 users)
- Folate has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Folate 2,300 users)
What are the conditions?
- Plaque psoriasis (autoimmune disease that appears on the skin) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Stelara, Methotrexate, Methotrexate sodium (latest reports from 179,092 Plaque psoriasis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Kidney stones has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 24,565 Kidney stones patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I started a low dose (10 mg) of methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis last week and noticed this week, after taking my second does, that my face is breaking out. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I also take 5 mg of folic acid daily. Thanks for any help you can offer up.
Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
Hi there, My names Adele I am 41 and have RA. I had my Gall Bladder removed in March of this year due to stones and constant infections. 2 years ago I stopped taking MTX subcutaneous and unfortunately my RA has progressed to a point I have (today) re-started these. I have headache, nausea and ...
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
This is for my father. Shortly after starting methotrexate injections and cortisone for Rheumatoid arthritis my father started having language difficulties and now has dementia. He was diagnosed with Pick's disease. Could it be caused by these drugs? He is still taking them.
You may be interested in these reviews
I've just started having blood in my urine and I've been trying to figure out why. I rarely drink and my diet is good. My epilepsy is under control with Tegretol XR. I'm looking for answers. My kidney MRI is scheduled for June 3.
Have been on sandostatin for carcinoids in the liver for 4 years now-- last year have had kidney stones occurring several times-- is it food related-- or is it a side effect of this injection-- would love to know if others in my position are experiencing the same-- am 65 years old-
It's been years since I've taken Methotrexate and when I was taking it years ago I had the numbness in my feet. Years later, it has returned and they're not sure what is the reason for my neuropathy. This time it's also in my hands. I took it for arthritis but now the military and the VA are ...
Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...