A study for a 67 year old man who takes Flomax - from FDA reports
13,624 males aged 67 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 67 year old male patient who has Prostate Cancer. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
13,624 males aged 67 (±5) who takes Flomax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 67
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Prostate Cancer
- Drugs taken:
- Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Watery Eyes
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Watery Eyes: 0 (0% of males aged 67 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Watery Eyes in Prostate Cancer: 0 (0% of males aged 67 (±5) who have Prostate Cancer)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Watery Eyes in Flomax: 0 (0% of males aged 67 (±5) who take Flomax)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (1,560 people, 11.45%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,094 people, 8.03%)
- Multiple Myeloma (720 people, 5.28%)
- Diabetes (665 people, 4.88%)
- Pain (654 people, 4.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (1,498 people, 11.00%)
- Lipitor (1,244 people, 9.13%)
- Lasix (926 people, 6.80%)
- Metformin (834 people, 6.12%)
- Lisinopril (829 people, 6.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (901 people, 6.61%)
- Weakness (838 people, 6.15%)
- Dizziness (772 people, 5.67%)
- Drug Ineffective (767 people, 5.63%)
- Breathing Difficulty (763 people, 5.60%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 31,454 users)
What are the conditions?
- Prostate cancer can be treated by Flomax, Casodex, Avodart, Zoladex, Lupron (latest reports from 55,127 Prostate cancer patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Watery eyes (excess tearing from eye) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, diabetes, insomnia (latest reports from 55 Watery eyes patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I just had total knee replacement surgery and have been having atrial fibrillation, the first time I've been able to catch it on an EKG. I am 64 and have been taking Finasteride and Flomax for several years. I've just been put on elaquis and metoprolol. I've decided to go off the Finasteride and ...