A study for a 77 year old man who takes Levothyroxine Sodium - from FDA reports
11,413 males aged 77 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 77 year old male patient who has Hypothyroidism. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
11,413 males aged 77 (±5) who takes Levothyroxine Sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 77
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypothyroidism
- Drugs taken:
- Levothyroxine Sodium (levothyroxine sodium)
- Side effects: Balance Disorder, Confusion, Diarrhea
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Balance Disorder: 114 (1% of males aged 77 (±5) who take the drug)
- Confusion: 127 (1.11% of males aged 77 (±5) who take the drug)
- Diarrhea: 596 (5.22% of males aged 77 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Balance Disorder in Hypothyroidism: 14 (0.81% of males aged 77 (±5) who have Hypothyroidism)
- Confusion in Hypothyroidism: 8 (0.46% of males aged 77 (±5) who have Hypothyroidism)
- Diarrhea in Hypothyroidism: 104 (6% of males aged 77 (±5) who have Hypothyroidism)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Balance Disorder in Levothyroxine Sodium: 114 (1% of males aged 77 (±5) who take Levothyroxine Sodium)
- Confusion in Levothyroxine Sodium: 127 (1.11% of males aged 77 (±5) who take Levothyroxine Sodium)
- Diarrhea in Levothyroxine Sodium: 596 (5.22% of males aged 77 (±5) who take Levothyroxine Sodium)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (874 people, 7.66%)
- Multiple Myeloma (640 people, 5.61%)
- Diabetes (487 people, 4.27%)
- Pain (382 people, 3.35%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (348 people, 3.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (1,503 people, 13.17%)
- Lasix (1,141 people, 10.00%)
- Lipitor (1,063 people, 9.31%)
- Simvastatin (999 people, 8.75%)
- Furosemide (822 people, 7.20%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (848 people, 7.43%)
- Fatigue (766 people, 6.71%)
- Breathing Difficulty (653 people, 5.72%)
- Drug Ineffective (575 people, 5.04%)
- Dizziness (540 people, 4.73%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothyroxine sodium 77,759 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 82,978 Hypothyroidism patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Balance disorder has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 48,090 Balance disorder patients).
- Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 45,587 Confusion patients).
- Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 288,289 Diarrhea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Has anyone tried coCQ10 with effexor. I am just so tired every day. I take fish oil b vitimans. I was in accident and now my body is so tight and in pain trying electode therapy. Have nausea trying to taper effexor any advice helpful
Is anyone on here who is taking Venlafaxine and levothyroxine? I've just learnt recently about Ven interacting with my levothyroxine may be the reason I'm still feeling so unwell. Plus I have no thyroid after having total thyroidectomy for Graves' disease 4 years ago.
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
Hi, I have been having severe cramps for a couple weeks now. About a month ago I started having diarrhea, tmi I know, and then a couple weeks later I was constipated. I have been having irregular bleeding with clots and also discharge with a bit of odor. I have severe pressure when I have both ...
You may be interested in these reviews
for years i took synthroid 100 and all was fine ' i started taking omeprazole prilocet and my thyroid test was bad 9.0 then i went on higher and higher synthroid im on 150 now and having all kinds of trouble i take my synthroid at 4 am and my priloset and 4 pm i think it is a 24 hour pill ...
I am a caregiver for my mother who has cirrhosis and I am really thinking the medications she takes, and when they were taken improperly has something to do with her cirrhosis. I look forward to learning from you all
I have quite bad numbness and tingling in my right hand thumb and 1st & 2nd fingers. The tenderness makes it uncomfortable to play piano so I wear gloves. This symptom came on as I was tapering off prednisone this winter . GCA and Polymyalgia Originally Diagnosed Sept 2015. I take 75mcg ...