A study for a 29 year old man who takes Avodart - from FDA reports
36 males aged 29 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 29 year old male patient who has Hairloss. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
36 males aged 29 (±5) who takes Avodart are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 29
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hairloss
- Drugs taken:
- Avodart (dutasteride)
- Side effects: Night Sweats
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Night Sweats: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Night Sweats in Hairloss: 2 (0.26% of males aged 29 (±5) who have Hairloss)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Night Sweats in Avodart: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Avodart)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostatic Disorder (2 people, 5.56%)
- Hair Growth Abnormal (2 people, 5.56%)
- Urinary Tract Disorder (1 person, 2.78%)
- Essential Hypertension (1 person, 2.78%)
- Androgenetic Alopecia (1 person, 2.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin C (2 people, 5.56%)
- Proscar (2 people, 5.56%)
- Propecia (2 people, 5.56%)
- Paxil (2 people, 5.56%)
- Levaquin (2 people, 5.56%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching (6 people, 16.67%)
- Libido Decreased (5 people, 13.89%)
- Weakness (4 people, 11.11%)
- Fatigue (4 people, 11.11%)
- Drug Ineffective (4 people, 11.11%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Avodart has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Avodart 12,427 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hairloss can be treated by Propecia, Biotin, Finasteride, Minoxidil, Spironolactone (latest reports from 88,030 Hairloss patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Night sweats (sweating in night) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 18,767 Night sweats patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
A year and 6 months ago I was suffering from severe hairloss, my hair line was receding drastically and I lost so much hair, I tried treating it naturally but nothing seemed to be working, I just couldn't let my self go bald for various reasons. I decided to take avodart around the age of 20 ...
I used lamotrigine for 5 years for epilepsy and experienced extensive night sweat which increasee with dosage. Quit approx 2 years ago and are still having regular episodes with night sweats, up to months before getting better for a short period of time. The smell is very distinctive and reminds ...
i am 40 year old male taking Baclofen for muscle pain, avodart for hair loss and Olmetic for moderate high blood pressure issues. Over the last two years my fingernails (thumb and index finger on both hands) and big toe nails have become brittle and are splitting and thumb nails are concave in ...
I have been taking Sonata for my insomnia since November of 2015. I am 64 years old. I noticed almost immediately that I was having night sweats similar to the ones I was having during the onset of menopause. Some nights I have to change my night gown 4 times in one night. Other nights it's ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking this drug for about a month. I am only on 5mg per day. I just started having nausea all day long. I see that nausea is a common side effect- but wondering if it can start after a month of taking it. :)
I am 40 years of age and i have been on Avodart for nearly a year. I have been unable to maintain an erection and also priapism occasionally. Lack of ejaculation and when i do it's painful. The amount is also minimal and it must be going somewhere. I am begining to think the side effects are not ...
I have been taking Dutasteride for my severely enlarged prostate and have been experiencing enlarged breasts. Because of the increasing size and weight of my breasts it has become uncomfortable especially during physical activity. Does anyone know if the breasts continue to enlarge as long as I ...