A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Synthroid - from FDA reports
47,231 females aged 59 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 59 year old female patient who has Autoimmune Thyroiditis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
47,231 females aged 59 (±5) who takes Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 59
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Autoimmune Thyroiditis
- Drugs taken:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Side effects: Eye Pruritus
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Eye Pruritus: 78 (0.17% of females aged 59 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Eye Pruritus in Autoimmune Thyroiditis: 0 (0% of females aged 59 (±5) who have Autoimmune Thyroiditis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Eye Pruritus in Synthroid: 78 (0.17% of females aged 59 (±5) who take Synthroid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (4,255 people, 9.01%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3,525 people, 7.46%)
- Pain (2,422 people, 5.13%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (1,943 people, 4.11%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1,890 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (3,513 people, 7.44%)
- Lipitor (3,102 people, 6.57%)
- Premarin (3,092 people, 6.55%)
- Methotrexate (2,735 people, 5.79%)
- Aspirin (2,680 people, 5.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (4,106 people, 8.69%)
- Fatigue (3,547 people, 7.51%)
- Drug Ineffective (3,024 people, 6.40%)
- Headache (3,006 people, 6.36%)
- Weakness (2,721 people, 5.76%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 145,981 users)
What are the conditions?
- Autoimmune thyroiditis (form of thyroiditis associated with an autoimmune disease) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levoxyl, Armour thyroid, Levothyroxine thyroid (latest reports from 4,970 Autoimmune thyroiditis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Eye pruritus (eye itching) has been reported by people with dry eyes, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, growth of eyelashes, high blood pressure (latest reports from 11,157 Eye pruritus patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
WHAT ARE THE DRUG INTERACTIONS OF TAKING GARCINIA CAMBOGIA WITH SYNTHROID .2. I AM ON A VERY HIGH DOSE OF SNYTHROID DUE TO THYROIDECTOMY FROM STAGE II THYROID CANCER. I HAVE BEEN BEEN TAKING SYNTHROID .2 FOR 15 YEARS, WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS. ALTHOUGH I AM SLIM, I AM NOTICING AS I GET OLDER, MY ...
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
I have been on Synthroid for 4 yrs. and for a year have had extreme sweating, nothing eliviates it and insomnia, I take a ton of stuff just to fall asleep. I quit taking this morning and have not had any sweating,hoping the insomnia is gone as well. I am pretty tired of not being able to ...
I just got diagnosed with a hepatic cyst thru a CT scan, but the only physical evidence was an irregular chest x-ray where it was pushing up my right lung. 3 years ago my chest x-ray was normal & I didn't start taking Synthroid until 3 years ago. Could this length of time on synthroid produce a ...
Need your help. Its only been a week and my ophthalmologist said I should take Lanoprost eye drops for mild glaucoma age 62. I also take synthroid. Maybe the two medicines don't go together? Need advice. My eye pressure reading is 30. Not feeling that great. Thinking of stoping drops ...