A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Cozaar - from FDA reports
11,768 females aged 63 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 63 year old female patient who has High Blood Pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
11,768 females aged 63 (±5) who takes Cozaar are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 63
- Gender: female
- Conditions: High Blood Pressure
- Drugs taken:
- Cozaar (losartan potassium)
- Side effects: Slurred Speech
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Slurred Speech: 58 (0.49% of females aged 63 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Slurred Speech in High Blood Pressure: 265 (0.67% of females aged 63 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Slurred Speech in Cozaar: 58 (0.49% of females aged 63 (±5) who take Cozaar)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1,306 people, 11.10%)
- Diabetes (964 people, 8.19%)
- Pain (677 people, 5.75%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (548 people, 4.66%)
- Depression (547 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (1,027 people, 8.73%)
- Synthroid (950 people, 8.07%)
- Humira (944 people, 8.02%)
- Aspirin (905 people, 7.69%)
- Lasix (882 people, 7.49%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (999 people, 8.49%)
- Fatigue (774 people, 6.58%)
- Dizziness (774 people, 6.58%)
- Breathing Difficulty (758 people, 6.44%)
- Drug Ineffective (707 people, 6.01%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Cozaar 34,043 users)
What are the conditions?
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 525,163 High blood pressure patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 46,658 Slurred speech patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Male, 85 years old. Taking levetiracetam since 2 weeks ago because of aphasia and confusion with normal MRI , normal brain angiography, EEG without paroxisms. Normal blood tests. Normal CSF with PCR negative for Herpes Virus. The symptoms fully dessapeared in 36 hours. Decreasing the dose of ...
Hi.need help..had two kids back to back..had some numbness at that time..doctors said probably due to kids..started xolair because asthe began getting uncontrollable and have bad rashes..it has helped asthma and rashes but my numbness and tingling are tingling awful..not counting since last shot ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there, I was given Amoxicillin approximately 18 months ago for a tooth infection by my dentist. Within 12 hours I suffered a very bad reaction, throat and mouth extremely inflamed and felt like they were on fire. I ended up not speaking for 4 days as each time I tried I was in agony for ...
Hi, I am 23 and i have been taking seroquel for sleep for 4 or 5 months. I am having a hard time pronouncing words that I normal could pronounce easily, especially when it comes to suffix s. I also struggle with saying a coherent sentence, often my mind goes blank mid sentence or i do not ...
My husband was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Aphasia. He has been taking Lipitor for cholesterol issues for over 10 years. He stopped over 3 weeks ago and already he said his head feels clearer in the morning. Will be following up with Doc for next steps