A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Synthroid - from FDA reports
48,937 females aged 61 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 61 year old female patient who has Hashimoto's Disease. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 19, 2017
48,937 females aged 61 (±5) who takes Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 61
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hashimoto's Disease
- Drugs taken:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Side effects: Macular Oedema, Leukopenia, Photophobia, Ocular Hypertension
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Macular Oedema: 25 (0.05% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Leukopenia: 165 (0.34% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Photophobia: 92 (0.19% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Ocular Hypertension: 2 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Leukopenia in Hashimoto's Disease: 1 (0.27% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Hashimoto's Disease)
- Macular Oedema in Hashimoto's Disease: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Hashimoto's Disease)
- Ocular Hypertension in Hashimoto's Disease: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Hashimoto's Disease)
- Photophobia in Hashimoto's Disease: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Hashimoto's Disease)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Leukopenia in Synthroid: 165 (0.34% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Macular Oedema in Synthroid: 25 (0.05% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Ocular Hypertension in Synthroid: 2 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Photophobia in Synthroid: 92 (0.19% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Synthroid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (4,270 people, 8.73%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3,849 people, 7.87%)
- Pain (2,454 people, 5.01%)
- Osteoporosis (2,112 people, 4.32%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2,002 people, 4.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (3,435 people, 7.02%)
- Lipitor (3,315 people, 6.77%)
- Premarin (3,183 people, 6.50%)
- Aspirin (3,085 people, 6.30%)
- Lasix (2,791 people, 5.70%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (4,229 people, 8.64%)
- Fatigue (3,715 people, 7.59%)
- Drug Ineffective (3,033 people, 6.20%)
- Headache (2,951 people, 6.03%)
- Weakness (2,893 people, 5.91%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 145,981 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hashimoto's disease (spectrum of autoimmune thyroid diseases (aitds) and is characterized by the destruction of thyroid cells) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levoxyl, Armour thyroid, Levothyroxine thyroid (latest reports from 4,968 Hashimoto's disease patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Macular oedema (fluid and protein deposits collect on or under the macula of the eye (a yellow central area of the retina) and causes it to thicken) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 4,718 Macular oedema patients).
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, preventive health care (latest reports from 26,759 Leukopenia patients).
- Photophobia (extreme sensitivity to light) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 10,019 Photophobia patients).
- Ocular hypertension (intraocular pressure higher than normal) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, macular oedema, age-related macular degeneration, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 1,873 Ocular hypertension patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have taken dipyridamole for 21 months as an anticoagulant for a blood condition (essential thrombocytosis). Only now have I started getting a darl patch on my left eye on sunny days or when near the computer. Sometimes I have a headache. My optician says there is nothing wrong with the eye ...
i had a missed epidural on the 15th November 2016 to have my daughter and since then I have had numbness on my right side which has subsided,blurred vision n double vision which has worsened, loss of some hearing and now severe extreme photophobia which no one knows how to treat😢 i have constat ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
You may be interested in these reviews
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
I am taking atorvastatin now times 6 months. When I go out in the garden is get a red itchy rash on any area exposed to the sun. It burns and in some areas blisters. I am 69 and have worked in the garden all of my life with not problem before. Any ideas?
I have been taking amitriptyline for 10 years as a muscle relaxant following back surgery; 10 mg at night. I had noticed curious differences in my eyes over the past few years with some cloudyness (which a bit of blinking removes) and last year my annual eyesight test showed that my eye ...
Have experienced substantial light sensitivity after taking turmeric for several weeks followed by Aleve one time. Does anyone know whether it's the Aleve, the turmeric, or the combination? Also, how long does it take for the effect to subside? I have not taken either for five days, but the ...