A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Cytomel, Levothyroxine Sodium - from FDA reports
679 females aged 52 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 52 year old female patient who has Thyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
679 females aged 52 (±5) who takes Cytomel, Levothyroxine Sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 52
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Thyroid
- Drugs taken:
- Cytomel (liothyronine sodium)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (levothyroxine sodium)
- Drug interactions: Weight Gain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Weight Gain: 5 (0.74% of females aged 52 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Weight Gain in Thyroid: 160 (5.47% of females aged 52 (±5) who have Thyroid)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Weight Gain in Cytomel: 65 (8.64% of females aged 52 (±5) who take Cytomel)
- Weight Gain in Levothyroxine Sodium: 267 (3.11% of females aged 52 (±5) who take Levothyroxine Sodium)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (51 people, 7.51%)
- Pain (44 people, 6.48%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (41 people, 6.04%)
- Migraine (40 people, 5.89%)
- Asthma (35 people, 5.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (55 people, 8.10%)
- Klonopin (51 people, 7.51%)
- Xyrem (43 people, 6.33%)
- Fosamax (39 people, 5.74%)
- Cymbalta (39 people, 5.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (92 people, 13.55%)
- Fatigue (77 people, 11.34%)
- Headache (74 people, 10.90%)
- Drug Ineffective (60 people, 8.84%)
- Feeling Abnormal (54 people, 7.95%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Cytomel has active ingredients of liothyronine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Cytomel 4,293 users)
- Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothyroxine sodium 77,797 users)
What are the conditions?
- Thyroid can be treated by Levothyroxine sodium, Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 33,645 Thyroid patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 125,402 Weight gain patients).