A study for a 19 year old girl who takes Yasmin - from FDA reports
14,848 females aged 19 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 19 year old female patient who has Oral Contraception. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
14,848 females aged 19 (±5) who takes Yasmin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 19
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Oral Contraception
- Drugs taken:
- Yasmin (drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol)
- Side effects: Hot Flushes
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hot Flushes: 9 (0.06% of females aged 19 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hot Flushes in Oral Contraception: 7 (0.4% of females aged 19 (±5) who have Oral Contraception)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hot Flushes in Yasmin: 9 (0.09% of females aged 19 (±5) who take Yasmin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (975 people, 6.57%)
- Menstruation Irregular (633 people, 4.26%)
- Depression (502 people, 3.38%)
- Menstrual Cycle Management (442 people, 2.98%)
- Stress And Anxiety (403 people, 2.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ibuprofen (1,564 people, 10.53%)
- Albuterol (604 people, 4.07%)
- Motrin (537 people, 3.62%)
- Naproxen (530 people, 3.57%)
- Vicodin (505 people, 3.40%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (5,225 people, 35.19%)
- Injury (3,980 people, 26.80%)
- Cholecystitis Chronic (3,228 people, 21.74%)
- Pulmonary Embolism (3,153 people, 21.24%)
- Gallstones (2,632 people, 17.73%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Yasmin has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Yasmin 47,478 users)
What are the conditions?
- Oral contraception can be treated by Yasmin, Yaz, Loestrin 24 fe, Tri-sprintec, Ortho tri-cyclen lo (latest reports from 6,242 Oral contraception patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hot flushes (sudden feelings of heat) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, prostate cancer, endometriosis, high blood pressure, breast cancer (latest reports from 37,620 Hot flushes patients).