A study for a 44 year old man who takes Hydrea - from FDA reports
519 males aged 44 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 44 year old male patient who has High Platelet Count. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
519 males aged 44 (±5) who takes Hydrea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 44
- Gender: male
- Conditions: High Platelet Count
- Drugs taken:
- Hydrea (hydroxyurea)
- Side effects: Fatigue, Headache
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Fatigue: 8 (1.54% of males aged 44 (±5) who take the drug)
- Headache: 2 (0.39% of males aged 44 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fatigue in High Platelet Count: 1 (25% of males aged 44 (±5) who have High Platelet Count)
- Headache in High Platelet Count: 0 (0% of males aged 44 (±5) who have High Platelet Count)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fatigue in Hydrea: 8 (5.41% of males aged 44 (±5) who take Hydrea)
- Headache in Hydrea: 2 (1.35% of males aged 44 (±5) who take Hydrea)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (73 people, 14.07%)
- Sickle Cell Anaemia (19 people, 3.66%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (16 people, 3.08%)
- Hiv Infection (15 people, 2.89%)
- Iron Overload (13 people, 2.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Didanosine (83 people, 15.99%)
- Ziagen (77 people, 14.84%)
- Stavudine (63 people, 12.14%)
- Videx (53 people, 10.21%)
- Sustiva (43 people, 8.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (83 people, 15.99%)
- Nausea (51 people, 9.83%)
- Weakness (35 people, 6.74%)
- Malaise (35 people, 6.74%)
- Breathing Difficulty (29 people, 5.59%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Hydrea has active ingredients of hydroxyurea. It is often used in polycythemia vera. (latest outcomes from Hydrea 4,563 users)
What are the conditions?
- High platelet count (latest reports from 2,165 High platelet count patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 389,608 Fatigue patients).
- Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 330,378 Headache patients).