A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Dilantin - from FDA reports
1,570 females aged 28 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 28 year old female patient who has Seizure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
1,570 females aged 28 (±5) who takes Dilantin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 28
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Seizure
- Drugs taken:
- Dilantin (phenytoin)
- Side effects: Sweating - Excessive
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Sweating - Excessive: 1 (0.06% of females aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Sweating - Excessive in Seizure: 4 (0.73% of females aged 28 (±5) who have Seizure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Sweating - Excessive in Dilantin: 1 (0.72% of females aged 28 (±5) who take Dilantin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Convulsion (259 people, 16.50%)
- Grand Mal Convulsion (52 people, 3.31%)
- Birth Control (45 people, 2.87%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (43 people, 2.74%)
- Depression (42 people, 2.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Keppra (135 people, 8.60%)
- Tegretol (98 people, 6.24%)
- Lamictal (95 people, 6.05%)
- Lamotrigine (79 people, 5.03%)
- Topamax (69 people, 4.39%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Convulsion (197 people, 12.55%)
- Drug Ineffective (109 people, 6.94%)
- Fever (108 people, 6.88%)
- Nausea (94 people, 5.99%)
- Erythema Multiforme (85 people, 5.41%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin. It is often used in generalized tonic-clonic seizure. (latest outcomes from Dilantin 5,643 users)
What are the conditions?
- Seizure (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) can be treated by Keppra, Lamictal, Topamax, Tegretol, Trileptal (latest reports from 32,248 Seizure patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Sweating - excessive has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 73,253 Sweating - excessive patients).