A study for a 26 year old man who takes Haldol - from FDA reports
1,698 males aged 26 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 26 year old male patient who has Schizoaffective Disorder. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
1,698 males aged 26 (±5) who takes Haldol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 26
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Schizoaffective Disorder
- Drugs taken:
- Haldol (haloperidol)
- Side effects: Psychosis
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Psychosis: 0 (0% of males aged 26 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Psychosis in Schizoaffective Disorder: 0 (0% of males aged 26 (±5) who have Schizoaffective Disorder)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Psychosis in Haldol: 0 (0% of males aged 26 (±5) who take Haldol)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psychotic Disorder (125 people, 7.36%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (101 people, 5.95%)
- Agitation (91 people, 5.36%)
- Bipolar Disorder (74 people, 4.36%)
- Depression (71 people, 4.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa (234 people, 13.78%)
- Seroquel (192 people, 11.31%)
- Risperdal (192 people, 11.31%)
- Clozapine (137 people, 8.07%)
- Depakote (132 people, 7.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agitation (135 people, 7.95%)
- Weight Increased (125 people, 7.36%)
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (102 people, 6.01%)
- Drug Ineffective (97 people, 5.71%)
- Fever (95 people, 5.59%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Haldol has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Haldol 15,836 users)
What are the conditions?
- Schizoaffective disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought) can be treated by Abilify, Seroquel, Geodon, Risperdal, Clozaril (latest reports from 10,471 Schizoaffective disorder patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Psychosis has been reported by people with depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, psychosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 495 Psychosis patients).