A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Meropenem - from FDA reports
734 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Brain Abscess. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
734 females aged 69 (±5) who takes Meropenem are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Brain Abscess
- Drugs taken:
- Meropenem (meropenem)
- Side effects: Diarrhea
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Diarrhea: 46 (6.27% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Brain Abscess: 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Brain Abscess)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Meropenem: 46 (7.04% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Meropenem)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (79 people, 10.76%)
- Infection (61 people, 8.31%)
- High Blood Pressure (51 people, 6.95%)
- Sepsis (50 people, 6.81%)
- Pain (42 people, 5.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (64 people, 8.72%)
- Acetaminophen (62 people, 8.45%)
- Omeprazole (55 people, 7.49%)
- Prednisolone (52 people, 7.08%)
- Pantoprazole (46 people, 6.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (74 people, 10.08%)
- Pneumonia (64 people, 8.72%)
- Thrombocytopenia (62 people, 8.45%)
- Sepsis (61 people, 8.31%)
- Febrile Neutropenia (51 people, 6.95%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Meropenem has active ingredients of meropenem. (latest outcomes from Meropenem 8,857 users)
What are the conditions?
- Brain abscess (latest reports from 1,550 Brain abscess patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 288,392 Diarrhea patients).