A study for a 69 year old man who takes Paxil - from FDA reports
3,566 males aged 69 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old male patient who has Anger. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
3,566 males aged 69 (±5) who takes Paxil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Anger
- Drugs taken:
- Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Vertigo
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Vertigo: 187 (5.24% of males aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Vertigo in Anger: 1 (4.76% of males aged 69 (±5) who have Anger)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Vertigo in Paxil: 187 (9.01% of males aged 69 (±5) who take Paxil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (287 people, 8.05%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (176 people, 4.94%)
- Multiple Myeloma (152 people, 4.26%)
- Diabetes (141 people, 3.95%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (84 people, 2.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (375 people, 10.52%)
- Lipitor (266 people, 7.46%)
- Lasix (242 people, 6.79%)
- Lisinopril (236 people, 6.62%)
- Simvastatin (232 people, 6.51%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (264 people, 7.40%)
- Weakness (253 people, 7.09%)
- Breathing Difficulty (219 people, 6.14%)
- Fatigue (215 people, 6.03%)
- High Blood Pressure (189 people, 5.30%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 81,461 users)
What are the conditions?
- Anger can be treated by Abilify, Risperdal, Lamictal, Risperidone, Lexapro (latest reports from 23,542 Anger patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 290,857 Vertigo patients).