A study for a 35 year old man who takes Minoxidil - from FDA reports
791 males aged 35 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 35 year old male patient who has Hair Loss. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
791 males aged 35 (±5) who takes Minoxidil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 35
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hair Loss
- Drugs taken:
- Minoxidil (minoxidil)
- Side effects: Itching
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Itching: 3 (0.38% of males aged 35 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Itching in Hair Loss: 52 (6.72% of males aged 35 (±5) who have Hair Loss)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Itching in Minoxidil: 3 (1.39% of males aged 35 (±5) who take Minoxidil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Androgenetic Alopecia (26 people, 3.29%)
- Pain (21 people, 2.65%)
- Dialysis (20 people, 2.53%)
- Routine Health Maintenance (18 people, 2.28%)
- Headache (12 people, 1.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Propecia (42 people, 5.31%)
- Clonidine (33 people, 4.17%)
- Prednisone (24 people, 3.03%)
- Sensipar (21 people, 2.65%)
- Phoslo (21 people, 2.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (62 people, 7.84%)
- Rashes (57 people, 7.21%)
- Headache (51 people, 6.45%)
- Chest Pain (47 people, 5.94%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (39 people, 4.93%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Minoxidil has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Minoxidil 4,846 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hair loss can be treated by Biotin, Propecia, Finasteride, Minoxidil, Spironolactone (latest reports from 88,081 Hair loss patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 159,949 Itching patients).