A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Modafinil - from FDA reports
3,054 females aged 47 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 47 year old female patient who has Brain Injury. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
3,054 females aged 47 (±5) who takes Modafinil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 47
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Brain Injury
- Drugs taken:
- Modafinil (modafinil)
- Side effects: Fatigue, Weight Gain, Rashes, Joint Pain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Fatigue: 70 (2.29% of females aged 47 (±5) who take the drug)
- Weight Gain: 9 (0.29% of females aged 47 (±5) who take the drug)
- Rashes: 25 (0.82% of females aged 47 (±5) who take the drug)
- Joint Pain: 17 (0.56% of females aged 47 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fatigue in Brain Injury: 4 (8% of females aged 47 (±5) who have Brain Injury)
- Joint Pain in Brain Injury: 1 (2% of females aged 47 (±5) who have Brain Injury)
- Rashes in Brain Injury: 3 (6% of females aged 47 (±5) who have Brain Injury)
- Weight Gain in Brain Injury: 9 (18% of females aged 47 (±5) who have Brain Injury)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fatigue in Modafinil: 70 (10.94% of females aged 47 (±5) who take Modafinil)
- Joint Pain in Modafinil: 17 (2.66% of females aged 47 (±5) who take Modafinil)
- Rashes in Modafinil: 25 (3.91% of females aged 47 (±5) who take Modafinil)
- Weight Gain in Modafinil: 9 (1.41% of females aged 47 (±5) who take Modafinil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (217 people, 7.11%)
- Cataplexy (162 people, 5.30%)
- High Blood Pressure (139 people, 4.55%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (108 people, 3.54%)
- Stress And Anxiety (107 people, 3.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem (413 people, 13.52%)
- Cymbalta (367 people, 12.02%)
- Baclofen (346 people, 11.33%)
- Avonex (319 people, 10.45%)
- Neurontin (296 people, 9.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (339 people, 11.10%)
- Headache (256 people, 8.38%)
- Weakness (232 people, 7.60%)
- Fall (222 people, 7.27%)
- Pain (219 people, 7.17%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from Modafinil 6,093 users)
What are the conditions?
- Brain injury (latest reports from 72,413 Brain injury patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 389,608 Fatigue patients).
- Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 125,402 Weight gain patients).
- Rashes (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 281,324 Rashes patients).
- Joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 221,931 Joint pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have copd. Ive just been put on symbicort. iam also on spiriva respimat. Since I was put on symbicort I notice I have been gaining weight. I am on a strict low carb diet. I eat small meals . I cannot exercise due to my copd. What can I do to try and keep weight off.
You may be interested in these reviews
I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
Hi--I'm new here. I have had hypokalemia for a couple of yrs now and my primary care physician just keeps upping my dose of potassium. Finally, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired--complete with the heart palpitations and cramping so badly that from time to time I can't even walk to ...
I was taking Asacol and was happy then insurance made me switch to lilada. I was on it for 1yr then started getting a rash. The derm took a bipo of my rash and it came back hyper senestivty reaction. I went off Lilada and rash seems to better worse. Do you think it gets worse before getting ...
I was fitted with a pacemaker In NOV, 2015 and began taking Eliquis. Within a year my weight increased by over 40 pounds. Ultimately I was wheeled into the emergency room hardly able to breathe. They gave me a breathalyzer, didn't work. I was put on medication to reduce my water weight ...
I feel tired all the time and am oversleeping. I find it extremely difficult to get out of the exhaustion and go with my day. Any suggestions? I'm to the point of going to the ER because I'm overly tired.