A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride - from FDA reports
3,289 females aged 64 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 64 year old female patient who has Psvt. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
3,289 females aged 64 (±5) who takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 64
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Psvt
- Drugs taken:
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride (amiodarone hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Heart Palpitations, Tinnitus
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy: 11 (0.33% of females aged 64 (±5) who take the drug)
- Heart Palpitations: 3 (0.09% of females aged 64 (±5) who take the drug)
- Tinnitus: 1 (0.03% of females aged 64 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heart Palpitations in Psvt: 6 (3.75% of females aged 64 (±5) who have Psvt)
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy in Psvt: 9 (5.63% of females aged 64 (±5) who have Psvt)
- Tinnitus in Psvt: 4 (2.5% of females aged 64 (±5) who have Psvt)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heart Palpitations in Amiodarone Hydrochloride: 3 (1.53% of females aged 64 (±5) who take Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy in Amiodarone Hydrochloride: 11 (5.61% of females aged 64 (±5) who take Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
- Tinnitus in Amiodarone Hydrochloride: 1 (0.51% of females aged 64 (±5) who take Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (294 people, 8.94%)
- Stroke (166 people, 5.05%)
- Diabetes (158 people, 4.80%)
- Pain (134 people, 4.07%)
- Cardiac Disorder (119 people, 3.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (490 people, 14.90%)
- Furosemide (375 people, 11.40%)
- Coumadin (360 people, 10.95%)
- Digoxin (318 people, 9.67%)
- Aspirin (249 people, 7.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (233 people, 7.08%)
- Breathing Difficulty (199 people, 6.05%)
- Nausea (186 people, 5.66%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (178 people, 5.41%)
- Hypotension (174 people, 5.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Amiodarone hydrochloride 3,618 users)
What are the conditions?
- Psvt (abnormally fast heart rate) can be treated by Atenolol, Metoprolol tartrate, Toprol-xl, Metoprolol succinate, Verapamil hydrochloride (latest reports from 10,534 Psvt patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Lightheadedness - dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 290,858 Lightheadedness - dizzy patients).
- Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 79,351 Heart palpitations patients).
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
2 weeks ago I had a fullness and deafness in my ear since putting olive oil in off to the doctors and was told I had a ear infection I suffered from mild tinnitus in that ear which was manageable was put on a weeks course of amoxicillin 500mg where my tinnitus spiked I'm now now free from ...
I have been taking Propanol for a week and I feel terrible. I am getting bad palpitation's and breathlessness. Im tired all the time and very panicky. Is this normal or should I stop taking them as I feel my life is not my own anymore and I cant stand this feeling anymore. I tried to contact my ...
Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
I have been using a good probiotic with digestive enzymes to help me with digestion and gas which seem to work fine- but now have terrible tinnitus in one ear- I also take a low dose anti depressive to sleep better called Seroquel- weening off that drug but tinnitus still bad- I guess I will ...
Reaching out for support for individuals with same symptoms as myself...Since increasing Metoprolol I have started having ringing in the ears. And now I am experiencing optic eye pressure. According to research, if I can lose about 20-30 lbs and de-stress I may be able to reduce or do away ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, my name is Jennifer. My ears started ringing over 2 years ago, while I was on Naltrexone. I stopped taking it over a year ago, but the ringing has gotten worse. The only other thing I take religiously, is Excedrin. Any thoughts or suggestions?! Thank you 😊
Developed pulsating tinnitus in one ear- I thought from taking low dose seroquel ( to sleep) for a year. I am 69 years old and have perfect hearing according to the doctor- I was also taking different probiotics and digestive enzymes to help with gas and digestion issues- when I stopped the ...
Does this give you heart palpitations? does drinking with it do it? I have the runs and the palpitations also been on this for 4 days now three more to go feel very on edge, anxiety, shakey do not like it. I have Aprazolam at have to take it also to combat this.