A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Indian Tumeric, Mobic - from FDA reports
4 females aged 62 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 62 year old female patient who has Arthritis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
4 females aged 62 (±5) who takes Indian Tumeric, Mobic are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 62
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Arthritis
- Drugs taken:
- Indian Tumeric (goldenseal)
- Mobic (meloxicam)
- Drug interactions: High Potassium
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- High Potassium: 0 (0% of females aged 62 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Potassium in Arthritis: 24 (0.31% of females aged 62 (±5) who have Arthritis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Potassium in Indian Tumeric: 0 (0% of females aged 62 (±5) who take Indian Tumeric)
- High Potassium in Mobic: 15 (0.58% of females aged 62 (±5) who take Mobic)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (1 person, 25.00%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (1 person, 25.00%)
- Mood Swings (1 person, 25.00%)
- Iron Deficiency (1 person, 25.00%)
- Actinic Keratosis (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D (2 people, 50.00%)
- Fish Oil (2 people, 50.00%)
- Toviaz (1 person, 25.00%)
- Multivitamin (1 person, 25.00%)
- Bepreve (1 person, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (2 people, 50.00%)
- Mobility Decreased (1 person, 25.00%)
- Kidney Stones (1 person, 25.00%)
- Feeling Abnormal (1 person, 25.00%)
- Application Site Vesicles (1 person, 25.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Indian tumeric has active ingredients of goldenseal. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Indian tumeric 94 users)
- Mobic has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Mobic 18,466 users)
What are the conditions?
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) can be treated by Celebrex, Meloxicam, Mobic, Naproxen, Diclofenac sodium (latest reports from 91,537 Arthritis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- High potassium has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 38,408 High potassium patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I've been misdiagnosed with drug induced lupus, yet take none of the meds they have on the list. My blood tests were strong positive for dils but negtive for systemic lupus. Confused because I don't take meds that they have on the list and have all symptoms of lupus and or rheumatoid arthritis.
I have hip necroses in the 4th stage. Please help: 1) Is stemcell therapy possible in the 4th stage? 2) Is there any hope with TCM (Chinese Herbs) 3) Can we use Tumeric instead of Ibuprofen in order to control inflammation and pain? Which other herbs could be used for pain and inflammation?
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
I have been taking hydroxychloroquine for RA for 8 weeks without any side effects, but then started taking omeprazole along side this, after taking omeprazole for a few days I have been having severe shoulder pain that goes down my biceps when I move my arm. Far worse at night. I stopped ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...
Hello, my name is Lidya Hagos and I am un undergraduate pharmacist, me and my mentor are trying to conduct a study concerning the causation of hyperkalemia by kanamycin. This is very important as we have seen that kanamycin does seem to cause hyperkalemia but there is no literature that says ...