A study for a 19 year old girl who takes Accutane - from FDA reports
8,989 females aged 19 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 19 year old female patient who has Acne. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
8,989 females aged 19 (±5) who takes Accutane are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 19
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Acne
- Drugs taken:
- Accutane (isotretinoin)
- Side effects: Stones - Kidney, Vision Impairment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Stones - Kidney: 142 (1.58% of females aged 19 (±5) who take the drug)
- Vision Impairment: 0 (0% of females aged 19 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Stones - Kidney in Acne: 101 (1.48% of females aged 19 (±5) who have Acne)
- Vision Impairment in Acne: 0 (0% of females aged 19 (±5) who have Acne)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Stones - Kidney in Accutane: 142 (2.59% of females aged 19 (±5) who take Accutane)
- Vision Impairment in Accutane: 0 (0% of females aged 19 (±5) who take Accutane)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (338 people, 3.76%)
- Depression (65 people, 0.72%)
- Oral Contraception (46 people, 0.51%)
- Pain (43 people, 0.48%)
- Asthma (41 people, 0.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen (616 people, 6.85%)
- Yasmin (166 people, 1.85%)
- Ibuprofen (130 people, 1.45%)
- Yaz (115 people, 1.28%)
- Zoloft (98 people, 1.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (2,215 people, 24.64%)
- Depression (1,990 people, 22.14%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (1,640 people, 18.24%)
- Crohn's Disease (1,447 people, 16.10%)
- Colitis (1,170 people, 13.02%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 31,102 users)
What are the conditions?
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) can be treated by Accutane, Spironolactone, Minocycline hydrochloride, Doxycycline hyclate, Doxycycline (latest reports from 46,746 Acne patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Stones - kidney has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 24,579 Stones - kidney patients).
- Vision impairment has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, generalized anxiety disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, high blood pressure (latest reports from 607 Vision impairment patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
My question for you guys is did any of you get Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome from taking Accutane you think? I took Accutane when I was in high school, and the dermatologist told me that, "They don't know the long term side effects yet". But, I was a teen, I thought I was ...
iv been trying for years to love weight but my pain has goting worse so my doc wants to put me on butrans patch with my oxycodone if any one knows how the two are togather please let me know I don't even know what butran is any one know
You may be interested in these reviews
I was on Accutane treatment in summer of 1994. It is 2017 and I have pterygium in both eyes. I am not able to read with my right eye. This eye is beyond help despite a surgery in ca. 2010 to remove the tissue growth. My right eye changed shape as a consequence of inflammation, healing and ...
I've just started having blood in my urine and I've been trying to figure out why. I rarely drink and my diet is good. My epilepsy is under control with Tegretol XR. I'm looking for answers. My kidney MRI is scheduled for June 3.
Have been on sandostatin for carcinoids in the liver for 4 years now-- last year have had kidney stones occurring several times-- is it food related-- or is it a side effect of this injection-- would love to know if others in my position are experiencing the same-- am 65 years old-