A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Methotrexate - from FDA reports
35,136 females aged 61 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 61 year old female patient who has Eosinophilic Fasciitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
35,136 females aged 61 (±5) who takes Methotrexate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 61
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Eosinophilic Fasciitis
- Drugs taken:
- Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium)
- Side effects: Arthralgia, Copd, Morphea
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Arthralgia: 2,658 (7.56% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Copd: 173 (0.49% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Morphea: 1 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Arthralgia in Eosinophilic Fasciitis: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Eosinophilic Fasciitis)
- Copd in Eosinophilic Fasciitis: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Eosinophilic Fasciitis)
- Morphea in Eosinophilic Fasciitis: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Eosinophilic Fasciitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Arthralgia in Methotrexate: 2,658 (7.64% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Methotrexate)
- Copd in Methotrexate: 173 (0.5% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Methotrexate)
- Morphea in Methotrexate: 1 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Methotrexate)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (2,374 people, 6.76%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (2,151 people, 6.12%)
- Pain (1,552 people, 4.42%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,184 people, 3.37%)
- Osteoporosis (1,165 people, 3.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (11,014 people, 31.35%)
- Humira (8,852 people, 25.19%)
- Folic Acid (8,359 people, 23.79%)
- Prednisone (4,373 people, 12.45%)
- Remicade (3,273 people, 9.32%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (2,430 people, 6.92%)
- Injection Site Pain (2,279 people, 6.49%)
- Pain (2,017 people, 5.74%)
- Fatigue (1,842 people, 5.24%)
- Nausea (1,713 people, 4.88%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 226,943 users)
What are the conditions?
- Eosinophilic fasciitis (a skin disease that causes thickening and inflammation of the skin and fascia) (latest reports from 189 Eosinophilic fasciitis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Arthralgia (joint pain) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 221,931 Arthralgia patients).
- Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) has been reported by people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 107,884 Copd patients).
- Morphea has been reported by people with breast cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 316 Morphea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I started taking Topamax (topiramate) a couple months ago. I started experiencing a lot of joint and muscle pain. Ibuprofen and Aleve don't help. Thinking the pain might be related to the Topamax, my doctor recommended I stop taking it, saying- we will know if the drug is causing it if side ...
I started a low dose (10 mg) of methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis last week and noticed this week, after taking my second does, that my face is breaking out. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I also take 5 mg of folic acid daily. Thanks for any help you can offer up.
Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
It's been years since I've taken Methotrexate and when I was taking it years ago I had the numbness in my feet. Years later, it has returned and they're not sure what is the reason for my neuropathy. This time it's also in my hands. I took it for arthritis but now the military and the VA are ...
I have been using Faslodex for one year for metastatic breast cancer that had spread to my bones and lymph nodes. The response has been excellent. Most of the cancer is gone. I have minor side effects (e.g., headache, nausea, etc.). My only real complaint is pain in my right hip joint that ...
Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...