A study for a 76 year old man who takes Lipitor, Aspirin - from FDA reports
7,919 males aged 76 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 76 year old male patient who has High Cholesterol, Prophylactics. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
7,919 males aged 76 (±5) who takes Lipitor, Aspirin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 76
- Gender: male
- Conditions: High Cholesterol, Prophylactics
- Drugs taken:
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
- Aspirin (aspirin)
- Drug interactions: Impaired Memory, Fatigue, Hypogeusia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Impaired Memory: 65 (0.82% of males aged 76 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Fatigue: 229 (2.89% of males aged 76 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Hypogeusia: 1 (0.01% of males aged 76 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fatigue in High Cholesterol: 722 (5.1% of males aged 76 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
- Fatigue in Prophylactics: 0 (0% of males aged 76 (±5) who have Prophylactics)
- Hypogeusia in High Cholesterol: 5 (0.04% of males aged 76 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
- Hypogeusia in Prophylactics: 0 (0% of males aged 76 (±5) who have Prophylactics)
- Impaired Memory in High Cholesterol: 237 (1.68% of males aged 76 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
- Impaired Memory in Prophylactics: 0 (0% of males aged 76 (±5) who have Prophylactics)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Fatigue in Lipitor: 788 (5.44% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Lipitor)
- Fatigue in Aspirin: 1,940 (5.6% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Aspirin)
- Hypogeusia in Lipitor: 5 (0.03% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Lipitor)
- Hypogeusia in Aspirin: 8 (0.02% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Aspirin)
- Impaired Memory in Lipitor: 224 (1.55% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Lipitor)
- Impaired Memory in Aspirin: 383 (1.11% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Aspirin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (457 people, 5.77%)
- Multiple Myeloma (405 people, 5.11%)
- Cardiac Disorder (352 people, 4.45%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (305 people, 3.85%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (270 people, 3.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Plavix (1,015 people, 12.82%)
- Lasix (751 people, 9.48%)
- Metformin (577 people, 7.29%)
- Furosemide (573 people, 7.24%)
- Amlodipine (561 people, 7.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (561 people, 7.08%)
- Weakness (456 people, 5.76%)
- Dizziness (429 people, 5.42%)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (361 people, 4.56%)
- Diarrhea (340 people, 4.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 188,841 users)
- Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Aspirin 306,437 users)
What are the conditions?
- High cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Atorvastatin calcium (latest reports from 255,534 High cholesterol patients)
- Prophylactics can be treated by Aspirin (latest reports from 36 Prophylactics patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Impaired memory has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 112,646 Impaired memory patients).
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 389,608 Fatigue patients).
- Hypogeusia (reduced ability to taste things (to taste sweet, sour, bitter, or salty substances)) has been reported by people with nasopharyngitis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 1,027 Hypogeusia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on xyrem since Nov 2016. I know it causes me to have anxiety, but I'm really concerned about memory loss. I feel so much better with the sleep I am getting now, but memory loss is a big problem. I notice it is much worse when I am stressed or worried. I am new to the group nd would ...
I am suffering from short term memory loss after taking the antibiotic Bactrim. When I tell my doctor about the systems they tell me I do not know what I am talking about. As anyone had the same happen?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am 65, a female and on 30 mg of Cymbalta. Started with 20 mg in March. Feel like I have trouble concentrating and short term memory loss which I did not have before. Very frightening since I have two older siblings with dementia.
I feel tired all the time and am oversleeping. I find it extremely difficult to get out of the exhaustion and go with my day. Any suggestions? I'm to the point of going to the ER because I'm overly tired.
I getting Xolair injections every two weeks for my asthma, & have seen some improvement in my breathing. Started August 16 of 2016 and had my 21st injection yesterday & am really exhausted today. Sometimes I am not so tired day after the injection & sometimes are very tired. Still using my ...