A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Valium - from FDA reports
9,057 females aged 47 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 47 year old female patient who has Initial Insomnia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
9,057 females aged 47 (±5) who takes Valium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 47
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Initial Insomnia
- Drugs taken:
- Valium (diazepam)
- Side effects: Constipation
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Constipation: 148 (1.63% of females aged 47 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Initial Insomnia: 0 (0% of females aged 47 (±5) who have Initial Insomnia)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Valium: 148 (4.14% of females aged 47 (±5) who take Valium)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (355 people, 3.92%)
- Bipolar Disorder (276 people, 3.05%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (271 people, 2.99%)
- Quit Smoking (267 people, 2.95%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (254 people, 2.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (564 people, 6.23%)
- Neurontin (563 people, 6.22%)
- Seroquel (496 people, 5.48%)
- Percocet (456 people, 5.03%)
- Baclofen (456 people, 5.03%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (798 people, 8.81%)
- Fatigue (685 people, 7.56%)
- Headache (615 people, 6.79%)
- Drug Ineffective (519 people, 5.73%)
- Weakness (491 people, 5.42%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 31,922 users)
What are the conditions?
- Initial insomnia (feeling of inadequate or poor-quality sleep) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Zopiclone, Lunesta, Ambien cr (latest reports from 5,848 Initial insomnia patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Constipation has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 146,789 Constipation patients).