Crestor, Tradjenta for a 66-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 66 year old female patient who has Diabetes Mellitus. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4 female patients aged 66 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Crestor (latest outcomes from 60,016 users) has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Tradjenta (latest outcomes from 1,053 users) has active ingredients of linagliptin. It is often used in type 2 diabetes.
What are the conditions
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) (latest reports from 137,876 patients) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide, Glucophage.
On Nov, 18, 2014: 4 females aged 65 (±5) who take Crestor, Tradjenta are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Colesterol, Diabetes Mellitus
- Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium): used for 1 - 6 months
- Tradjenta (linagliptin): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||Pancreatitis Acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas)||Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Pancreatitis Acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas)|
|Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)||Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine)|
|Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who take Tradjenta
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can crestor cause eye drooping
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Eyelid Drooping, and takes Crestor)
Started to take Crestor about 6 weeks ago and noticed slowly in one eye it had started to droop. Went to a clinic. didn't think it was a stroke but couldn't figure it out, Help please
- Can metoprolol tartae cause swelling of the feet and legs, fluid retention, weight gain?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Had A Triple By~pass Last August, and takes Omeprazole, Crestor, Clarinex, Montelukast Sodium, Furosemide)
I am adding the other two meds which will not be allowed in the Med List ... Flovent Inhaler, and Motoprolol Tartrate. My Singular prescription is actually Montelukast Sodium ~ I am concerned about my feet and leg swelling with fluid ... this occurred prior to my open heart but after I was doing fin ...
- Can muscle return after taking crestor for 1 month
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has High Cholesterol, and takes Crestor)
just received word from my doctor that my blood test showed crestor was affecting my muscles
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Concerned and worried
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Had Triple Bypass And On , and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Aspirin)
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Excrutiating Pain Of Sciatic Nerve In Left Leg, and takes Crestor)
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
- Crestor effect on carpel tunnel
(Posted by a 71 year old man who has Carpel Tunnel, and takes Crestor)
I was told if I would stop taking Crestor my carpel tunnel would not bother me as much.
Related drug interaction studies:
- Tradjenta and Crestor drug interactions (22 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Tradjenta for Diabetes Mellitus reported by 4 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Diabetes Mellitus (10 drugs in 88 reports) (updated 7 hours ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Crestor for a patient with Hypertension, Colestid. The patient has Severe Asthma Attacks
Comments: I do nasal rinses a flonase every day. but, even after surgury I still get these infections 1 to 2 times a month. low grade fever,sweats,sorethroat,weak. 4 to 5 days long.
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a patient with Breast Swelling. The patient has Breast Swelling
Comments: Breast swelling after crestor was changed fro 10 to 20 mg per day
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Valtrex, Effexor for a patient with Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased, Cold Sore, Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: I suspect the ringing in the ears is primarily due to taking Effexor (now generic) because it substantially increases if I miss a dose. I take 70 mg. daily
Common symptoms:Women of age 60+ with Diabetes Mellitus:
- Blood glucose increased (3,104 reports)
- Heart attack (2,238 reports)
- Cardiac failure congestive (2,014 reports)
- Nausea (1,509 reports)
- Stroke (1,411 reports)
- Blood glucose decreased (1,377 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (1,299 reports)
- Dizziness (1,294 reports)
- Hypoglycemia (1,259 reports)
- High blood pressure (1,240 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.