Depakote, Ativan, Zyprexa for a 91-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 91 year old female patient who has Anxiety, Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 female patients aged 91 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,913 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,183 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Zyprexa (latest outcomes from 43,494 users) has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
What are the conditions
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,275,463 patients) can be treated by Xanax, Clonazepam, Klonopin, Ativan, Lorazepam, Lexapro.
Dementia of the alzheimer's type, with delusions (madness of the alzheimer's typea with false belief or opinion) (latest reports from 133 patients) can be treated by Namenda.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 3 females aged 90 (±5) who take Depakote, Ativan, Zyprexa are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Behavior Disturbance, Anxiety, Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions
- Depakote (divalproex sodium): used for 1 - 6 months
- Ativan (lorazepam): used for 6 - 12 months
- Zyprexa (olanzapine): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Anxiety
- group for people who have Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions
- group for people who take Ativan
- group for people who take Depakote
- group for people who take Zyprexa
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
this 89 year old man has heart failure
After doubling my Depakote dose, my abdomen is swollen and I am so dizzy and hallucinating so badly I can barely read. My nausea and pain are so severe, very effective drugs at doses that are a significant amount to my system are barely helping. Due to the weather and thus swelling of my previous Chiai Malformation Decompression Brain Surgery site, I have significant and debilitating headache pain and other Chiari symptoms are much worse than usual.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does jaundice in alzheimer's patient mean they are near the end
My farther has AD and looks like he has jaundice will he be here much longer
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Can anyone tell me what is going on with my teeth?they are decaying and cracking at warp speed?i've been taking zyprexa,solian,cymbalta....
I live in Eastern Europe,and the level of psychiatric treatmeant is low.They proscribe a drug for everything.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Ativan for Anxiety reported by 864 people (updated 1 hour ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Anxiety (147 drugs in 14,107 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
- Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions (2 drugs in 11 reports) (updated 10 months ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.