Depakote, Ativan, Zyprexa for a 91-year old woman
Summary: 3 female patients aged 91 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 91 year old female patient who has Anxiety, Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,927 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,196 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Zyprexa (latest outcomes from 43,495 users) has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
What are the conditions
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,284,618 patients) can be treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Ativan.
Dementia of the alzheimer's type, with delusions (madness of the alzheimer's typea with false belief or opinion) (latest reports from 34 patients) can be treated by Namenda.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 3 females aged 90 (±5) who take Depakote, Ativan, Zyprexa are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Behavior Disturbance, Anxiety, Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions
- Depakote (divalproex sodium): used for 1 - 6 months
- Ativan (lorazepam): used for 6 - 12 months
- Zyprexa (olanzapine): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Anxiety
- support group for people who have Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Anxiety
I got lots of rest today so hopefully tomorrow will be great
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- Does memantine 10 mg conflict with 1mg ativan
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions, and takes Exelon)
Husband 69 diagnosed 2 yrs ago, started on EXELON patches 4.5, graduated 9.5, 1 yr added Memantine 10mg 1 x daily. Was experiencing SUNDOWNING, prescribed 1 mg ATIVAN, worked for agitation. Now getting agitated around 9 am, stopped ATIVAN in evening, giving in morn around same time as Memantine. Won ...
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does jaundice in alzheimer's patient mean they are near the end
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions)
My farther has AD and looks like he has jaundice will he be here much longer
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Anxiety, and takes Xanax)
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Ativan for Anxiety reported by 866 people (updated 2 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Anxiety (148 drugs in 14,257 reports) (updated 10 hours ago)
- Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions (2 drugs in 11 reports) (updated 12 months ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome. The patient has Hematuria
Comments: First time dark brown hematuria twice then cleared up then 6days later red hematuria twice then cleared up again no pain either time
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Divalproex, Vimpat, Finasteride for a patient with BPH, Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Bph
Comments: Small Prostate cancer in addition to BPH
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Panic Disorder. The patient has Blisters And Lesions On Left Breast
Comments: Biopsy was done to determine Epidermal Necrolysis and it was also noted that there is clotting in the tissue sample of my blister that was biopsied.
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I have always had acne but after I pop them the turn into blisters and very sensitive.
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The patient has Bleeding Time Abnormal, Stomach Pain, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: late period pregnancy symptoms off lorazapam soon as i took it 30 minutes later then had severe pain craps have not had craps since last miscarriage and lots of bright red blood severe exhaustion, and feels like last lime i miscarried.
Common symptoms:Women of age 60+ with Anxiety:
- Stress and anxiety (1,205 reports)
- Nausea (809 reports)
- Dizziness (750 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (694 reports)
- Fatigue (672 reports)
- Depression (652 reports)
- Weakness (622 reports)
- Fall (607 reports)
- Headache (550 reports)
- Pain (548 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.