Toprol-Xl Vs. Brisdelle for a male patient aged 84 - from FDA reports
This is a personalized comparison Toprol-Xl, Brisdelle for a man aged 84. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
10,433 males aged 84 (±5) who take Toprol-Xl, Brisdelle are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 84
- Gender: male
- Reason for the study: Cardiac Electrophysiologic Study Abnormal
Drugs in this study:
- Toprol-Xl (metoprolol succinate)
- Brisdelle (paroxetine mesylate)
eHealthMe real world results for males aged 84 (±5):
Most common side effects:
- Breathing Difficulty
- Drug Ineffective
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:
- Breathing Difficulty
- Chest Pain
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
What are the drugs?
- Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Toprol-xl 40,322 users)
- Brisdelle has active ingredients of paroxetine mesylate. It is often used in hot flush. (latest outcomes from Brisdelle 618 users)
You may be interested in these posts
- My name is Trish, I have gastroparesis which I was diagnosed about a year and a have and the specialist I was referred to changed my life back to close to normal. I was diagnosed in the last three months with hypertension and have tried 3 medications. The current medication is Toprol XL. My gi...
- My mom has been taking Toprol XL for about 2 years and her cough is excessive. She has had CT scans and X-rays and are all negative, and has had a Pulmonary consult and all ended up negative.
- Just had mild heart attack. Had cardiac cath and one Stent in center main artery. Prescribed 2 new meds toprol xl and brilinta. Having all side effects, heartburn, burping, gss,, shortness of breath, fatigue. Just feel awful and can't do anything, gardening, work on vehicles, . Don't want to...
- Just found out I may have sick sinus syndrome. Pretty nervous. I started having heart palpitations after going into remission from cancer. Went to cardiologist who said they were due to high blood pressure and gave me toprol xl and now about a year later I'm being told I could be needing a pacemaker.
- I've been taking Zoloft for 3+ yrs and Toprol-XL for 10+ yrs. Lost >95%my sense of smell 2 yrs ago. Been to EMT this year and had two sinus surgeries to open up my sinus'. No improvement (yet).
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.