Lactase deficiency: 1,858 reports
Lactose intolerance (Lactase deficiency): Inability to digest lactose
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Lactase deficiency treatments and how effective are they?
Drugs that could cause Lactase deficiency
Conditions that could cause Lactase deficiency
Most common Lactase deficiency symptoms
- Diarrhea - (26 reports)
- Nausea - (18 reports)
- Weight decreased - (16 reports)
- Abdominal pain upper - (15 reports)
- Malaise - (15 reports)
- Rashes - (14 reports)
- Fatigue - (14 reports)
- Pain exacerbated - (14 reports)
- Nausea and vomiting - (14 reports)
- Headache - (14 reports)
All Lactase deficiency symptomsa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Do you have Lactase deficiency? Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Lactase Deficiency (66 members)
Can you answer these questions?
- I was lactose intolerant before I started on Lisinopril and amlodipane. From the very begining those meds have caused lots of intestinal movement and flatlulance (gas). I told my physician about my lactose intolerance so he got me lisinopril with "no lactose" listed on the bottle. I keep...
- My 5 year old has just been diagnosed with Disaccharidase intolerance. Does anyone know what she can take for calcium and iron ?
- I've been suffering from chills /shivers for a few months and an endoscopy revealed I am lactose intolerant. Could the shivers be caused by lactose intolerance? Anyone else?
- My daughter is lactose intolerant. I've noticed that some of the medications prescribed to her contain lactose. I'm taking her off all meds but will continue giving her Miralax if I can be sure it doesn't contain lactose. It's not listed on the ingredients but I have read different info on...
More questions for: Lactase deficiency
You may be interested in these posts
- I just found found this group. I have MS and pain from it and spine issues/ osteoarthritis etc etc . Percocet is the only relief I get from pain. I only take it when I am in acute pain. Lately I am lactose intolerant. Now find when I take the Percocet I have bouts of diarrhea . Just read that...
- I started taking ritalin 6 months ago which has been life changing mentally. The only negative side effect has been, from my own personal daily trials, developing a dairy intolerance. Before taking ritalin I would have dairy products any time of the day and feel great but after a few months of...
- I became lactose intolerant because of shingles. I only had the rash about a fortnight but the intolerance lasted for several months, with it getting worse and worse until i couldn't even use butter or anything containing the tiniest amount of lactose. It gradually became better so don't give up!
- Hello everyone, I just took miralax and maybe found out through the experience that I’m lactose intolerant. Don’t want to go through that again
- Can you still take Esomeprazole whilst recovering from lactose intolerance symptoms of upset stomach etc?
More posts for: Lactase deficiency
- Fluphenazine and Famotidine drug interaction
- Amoxapine and Lamictal drug interaction
- Will you have Vaginal Erosion with Aciphex Sprinkle?
- Will you have Spotting with Prozac?
- Will you have Metrorrhagia with Prozac?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Fluphenazine and Famotidine
- Support group for people who take Amoxapine and Lamictal
- Support group for people who take Aciphex Sprinkle and have Vaginal Erosion?
- Support group for people who take Prozac and have Spotting?
- Support group for people who take Prozac and have Metrorrhagia?
- What to expect when you take Fluphenazine and Famotidine
- What to expect when you take Amoxapine and Lamictal
- What to expect when you take Aciphex Sprinkle and have Vaginal Erosion?
- What to expect when you take Prozac and have Spotting?
- What to expect when you take Prozac and have Metrorrhagia?
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Adalat, Naproxen, Hyzaar
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Lexapro
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Famotidine, Prozac, Levo-t, Symbicort, Singulair
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Jardiance, Welchol, Metformin, Zetia, Valsartan
- A study for a 18 year old boy who takes Intuniv
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.