Addison's disease and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people with Addison's disease, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Hydrocortisone and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Addison's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43 people who have Addison's disease from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Do you start a new drug, have side effects or want to improve your quality of life during medical treatment? On eHealthMe, you can manage medications with big data, lab tests and community support, all in one place. Click here to start, it’s free.
43 people who have Addison'S Disease and Weakness are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Addison'S Disease and experience Weakness *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Addison'S Disease and experience Weakness *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 12 %
- 30-39: 16 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 32 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 9.30%
- Hypothalamo-Pituitary Disorder (loss of function in an endocrine gland due to failure of the pituitary gland to secrete hormones which stimulate that gland's function): 3 people, 6.98%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 6.98%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 3 people, 6.98%
- Localised Infection (infection at the single location): 3 people, 6.98%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Hydrocortisone: 16 people, 37.21%
- Cortef: 13 people, 30.23%
- Florinef: 9 people, 20.93%
- Prednisone: 8 people, 18.60%
- Synthroid: 6 people, 13.95%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 12 people, 27.91%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 11 people, 25.58%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 10 people, 23.26%
- Dizziness: 8 people, 18.60%
- Drug Ineffective: 8 people, 18.60%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weakness
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Addison's disease (addison's disease, a hormonal disorder disease) can be treated by Hydrocortisone, Florinef, Cortef, Fludrocortisone acetate, Prednisone (latest reports from 1,140 Addison's disease patients)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,653 Weakness patients).
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (3,202 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause WeaknessWeakness (5,087 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Addison's diseasea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Addison'S Disease and Weakness
- Support group for people who have Addison'S Disease (75 members)
- Support group for people who have Weakness (307 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- Is it safe to take potassium citrate with Addison’s?
- I have been taking ametrytaline for only a week and have weakness in leg muscles and restless legs.help please
- I have been on Plavix for almost one month. I have muscle weakness and aching from my hips to my knees. It's not all the time. I do have good days without symptoms. Does anyone have a solution. I've always been an active person but this has limited my ability to move!
- I have been ex rayed and tested and shown to have a large hiatal hernia. I am in Norhtern, CA and so far (looking for over 6 months) I can not find a surgeon that will operate on me.
- I had acute ICP with two pregnancies. I had a stillbirth and then an emergency c section at 35 weeks to save my second. I have not been diagnosed with Addison’s, but my husband (a nurse) began researching it as I have suffered from almost every symptom associated with Addison’s since I was in...
- Will you have Hyperhidrosis with Ferrlecit?
- Will you have Adrenal Adenoma with Depo-Provera?
- Will you have Cerebral Small Vessel Ischaemic Disease with Metoclopramide Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Sepsis Mrsa with Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Will you have Liver Transplant Rejection with Alprazolam?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Ferrlecit and have Hyperhidrosis?
- Support group for people who take Depo-Provera and have Adrenal Adenoma?
- Support group for people who take Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and have Cerebral Small Vessel Ischaemic Disease?
- Support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sepsis Mrsa?
- Support group for people who take Alprazolam and have Liver Transplant Rejection?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.