Anorexia and Asthenia - from FDA reports
Asthenia is found among people with Anorexia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Decadron and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Asthenia with Anorexia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40 people who have Anorexia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
40 people who have Anorexia and Asthenia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Anorexia and experience Asthenia *:
- female: 37.5 %
- male: 62.5 %
Age of people who have Anorexia and experience Asthenia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.45 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.9 %
- 50-59: 31.03 %
- 60+: 58.62 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Pain: 10 people, 25.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 9 people, 22.50%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 22.50%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 9 people, 22.50%
- Depression: 7 people, 17.50%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Megace: 16 people, 40.00%
- Decadron: 16 people, 40.00%
- Zometa: 14 people, 35.00%
- Protonix: 12 people, 30.00%
- Nexium: 11 people, 27.50%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 14 people, 35.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 13 people, 32.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12 people, 30.00%
- Malignant Neoplasm Progression (cancer tumour came back): 11 people, 27.50%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 11 people, 27.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Asthenia with Anorexia?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Asthenia
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight) (latest reports from 30,829 Anorexia patients)
Asthenia (weakness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,653 Asthenia patients).
Drugs that are associated with AstheniaAsthenia (3,163 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause AstheniaAsthenia (5,246 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Anorexiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Anorexia and Asthenia
- Support group for people who have Anorexia (25 members)
- Support group for people who have Asthenia (306 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- Why does plaquenil cause Anorexia?
- Just joining today I am on 1.5 mg of klon. at night and weight is dropping.....this is the only medicine I'm on so nothing else could be causing this....any advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA
- I've had pompholyx since October and am only just now realizing that my lack of eating might just qualify as anorexia. Finding out that the two are possibly related is what brought me here.
- I have been taking ametrytaline for only a week and have weakness in leg muscles and restless legs.help please
- I have been on Plavix for almost one month. I have muscle weakness and aching from my hips to my knees. It's not all the time. I do have good days without symptoms. Does anyone have a solution. I've always been an active person but this has limited my ability to move!
- Will you have Rickets with Cefazolin?
- Will you have Sepsis with Dizziness?
- Will you have Pancreatitis Necrotising with Vytorin?
- Will you have Sjs with Amaryl?
- Will you have Strawberry Mark with Disturbance In Attention?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Cefazolin and have Rickets?
- Support group for people who have Dizziness and Sepsis?
- Support group for people who take Vytorin and have Pancreatitis Necrotising?
- Support group for people who take Amaryl and have Sjs?
- Support group for people who have Disturbance In Attention and Strawberry Mark?
- What to expect when you take Cefazolin and have Rickets?
- What to expect when you have Dizziness and Sepsis?
- What to expect when you take Vytorin and have Pancreatitis Necrotising?
- What to expect when you take Amaryl and have Sjs?
- What to expect when you have Disturbance In Attention and Strawberry Mark?
Care Guides wanted
- Care Guide for people who take Cefazolin and have Rickets
- Care Guide for people who have Dizziness and Sepsis
- Care Guide for people who take Vytorin and have Pancreatitis Necrotising
- Care Guide for people who take Amaryl and have Sjs
- Care Guide for people who have Disturbance In Attention and Strawberry Mark
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.