Who have Anaphylaxis with Asthma - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people with Asthma, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, take medication Xolair and have Hypersensitivity. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,928 people who have Asthma from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
1,928 people who have Asthma and Anaphylaxis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Asthma and experience Anaphylaxis *:
- female: 79.53 %
- male: 20.47 %
Age of people who have Asthma and experience Anaphylaxis *:
- 0-1: 0.14 %
- 2-9: 5.63 %
- 10-19: 11.95 %
- 20-29: 8.86 %
- 30-39: 17.65 %
- 40-49: 22.86 %
- 50-59: 19.76 %
- 60+: 13.15 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity: 159 people, 8.25%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 92 people, 4.77%
- High Blood Pressure: 90 people, 4.67%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 73 people, 3.79%
- Pain: 56 people, 2.90%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xolair: 1,189 people, 61.67%
- Singulair: 535 people, 27.75%
- Symbicort: 233 people, 12.09%
- Advair Diskus 100/50: 184 people, 9.54%
- Albuterol: 183 people, 9.49%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 282 people, 14.63%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 168 people, 8.71%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 138 people, 7.16%
- Rashes (redness): 135 people, 7.00%
- Chest Pain: 134 people, 6.95%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Anaphylaxis with Asthma?
You are not alone:
Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol sulfate, Ventolin (latest reports from 162,246 Asthma patients)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 51,450 Anaphylaxis patients).
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (2,426 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (1,956 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Asthmaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azkur D, Yoldas T, Toyran M, Kocabas CN, "A pediatric case of anaphylaxis due to octreotide", Asian Pacific journal of allergy and immunology, 2011 Dec .
- Anđelić N, Erdeljan S, Popović R, Božić T, "Anaphylaxis on graft reperfusion during orthotopic liver transplantation: A case study", Srpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo, 2012 Jan .
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
Recent general studies
- Will you have Back Pain with Vitamin B17? - now
- Will you have Third Degree Burn with Ibuprofen? - a second ago
- Will you have Second Degree Burn with Ibuprofen? - a second ago
- Will you have First Degree Burn with Ibuprofen? - a second ago
- Will you have Burns with Ibuprofen? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Toprol-xl, Lisinopril for a 62 year old woman - 47 minutes ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Losartan, Gabapentin - an hour ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - an hour ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Lunesta - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Cymbalta - 3 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.