Asthma and Chest pain - from FDA reports
Chest pain is found among people with Asthma, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Xolair and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Chest pain with Asthma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,907 people who have Asthma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 12, 2017
5,907 people who have Asthma and Chest Pain are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Asthma and experience Chest Pain *:
- female: 72.74 %
- male: 27.26 %
Age of people who have Asthma and experience Chest Pain *:
- 0-1: 0.04 %
- 2-9: 1.48 %
- 10-19: 5.31 %
- 20-29: 5.67 %
- 30-39: 11.45 %
- 40-49: 20.02 %
- 50-59: 23.21 %
- 60+: 32.82 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (477 people, 8.08%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (299 people, 5.06%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (274 people, 4.64%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (269 people, 4.55%)
- Hypersensitivity (249 people, 4.22%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xolair (1,580 people, 26.75%)
- Singulair (1,293 people, 21.89%)
- Symbicort (898 people, 15.20%)
- Ventolin (772 people, 13.07%)
- Albuterol (766 people, 12.97%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (2,489 people, 42.14%)
- Cough (1,268 people, 21.47%)
- Wheezing (1,009 people, 17.08%)
- Fatigue (804 people, 13.61%)
- Drug Ineffective (776 people, 13.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Chest pain and Asthma?
- Check symptoms - is your chest pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeChest pain and Asthma from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol sulfate, Ventolin (latest reports from 138,436 Asthma patients)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 209,713 Chest pain patients).
Browse all symptoms of Asthmaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Chest painChest pain
Other conditions that could case Chest painChest pain
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Started on 37.5 mg 2 x day in the AM as prescribed back in Sept. I was down 45 pounds by Christmas, but since then no more than 2 pounds. I cut my dose back to 1 pill a day after I started getting chest discomfort. It feels almost like my esophagus is dried out but drinking water, or eating ...
I have asthma and started xarelto 10 days ago. My breathing has been terrible to the point my inhalers don't work and my chest hurts. Has this happened to anyone else and should i be concerned? Went to the er today. Got a breathing treatment, lasted an hour. Any help would be ...
I am a Brazilian man, 31 years old, my doctor prescribed taking Wellbutrin XL 300mg and I started the treatment, but the chest pains were frequent and strong, the doctor said that this was normal, it was the remedy adaptation phase, even so I decided to stop treatment, I was two months without ...