Atrial fibrillation/flutter and Basedow's disease
Basedow's disease is found among people with Atrial fibrillation/flutter, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The study analyzes which people have Basedow's disease with Atrial fibrillation/flutter. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34 people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
34 people who have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Basedow'S Disease are studied.
What is Atrial fibrillation/flutter?
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) is found to be associated with 3,643 drugs and 3,444 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Basedow's disease?
Basedow's disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones) is found to be associated with 755 drugs and 382 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Basedow's disease in Atrial fibrillation/flutter reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- female: 34.38 %
- male: 65.62 %
Age of people who have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.5700000000000003 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 10.71 %
- 60+: 78.57 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 11.76%
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 4 people, 11.76%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 8.82%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 8.82%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 5.88%
- Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women): 2 people, 5.88%
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 2 people, 5.88%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 2 people, 5.88%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 5.88%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 5.88%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Lipitor: 6 people, 17.65%
- Coumadin: 5 people, 14.71%
- Glivec: 4 people, 11.76%
- Xarelto: 4 people, 11.76%
- Mobic: 4 people, 11.76%
- Glucophage: 3 people, 8.82%
- Zocor: 3 people, 8.82%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 8.82%
- Ambien: 3 people, 8.82%
- Synthroid: 3 people, 8.82%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 17 people, 50.00%
- Weight Decreased: 9 people, 26.47%
- Eyelid Oedema (eyelids are swollen and contain excessive fluid): 4 people, 11.76%
- Lymphoedema (localized fluid retention and tissue swelling): 4 people, 11.76%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 11.76%
- Chest Pain: 4 people, 11.76%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 11.76%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 8.82%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 8.82%
- Sick Sinus Syndrome (a collection of heart rhythm disorders): 3 people, 8.82%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Basedow's disease?Check whether Basedow's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
COVID vaccines that are related to Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Basedow's disease:
All the drugs that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (755 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Basedow's disease:
All the conditions that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (382 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Basedow's disease and Atrial fibrillation/flutter, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Marine Triglyceride and Zioptan drug interaction - a second ago
- Psyllium and Levonorgestrel drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Melphalan and Abacavir drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Nystop and Vitamins drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Indigestion and drugs of ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride; topiramate - 14 seconds ago
- Labetalol Hydrochloride and Bronchospasm - 14 seconds ago
- Ginger Root and Adverse Event - 15 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Methyltestosterone drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Valdoxan and Purpura - 20 seconds ago
- Nitrofurantoin and Hypotension Aggravated - 21 seconds ago