Atrial fibrillation/flutter and Bronchiectasis
Bronchiectasis is found among people with Atrial fibrillation/flutter, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The study analyzes which people have Bronchiectasis with Atrial fibrillation/flutter. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 58 people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
58 people who have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Bronchiectasis are studied.
What is Atrial fibrillation/flutter?
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) is found to be associated with 3,469 drugs and 3,279 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Bronchiectasis?
Bronchiectasis (abnormal widening of the bronchi or their branches, causing a risk of infection) is found to be associated with 1,144 drugs and 696 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Bronchiectasis in Atrial fibrillation/flutter reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and experienced Bronchiectasis *:
- female: 44.64 %
- male: 55.36 %
Age of people who have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and experienced Bronchiectasis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 3.7 %
- 60+: 96.3 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure: 12 people, 20.69%
- High Blood Pressure: 12 people, 20.69%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 7 people, 12.07%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 6 people, 10.34%
- Asthma: 6 people, 10.34%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4 people, 6.90%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 4 people, 6.90%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 6.90%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 4 people, 6.90%
- Depression: 3 people, 5.17%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Warfarin Sodium: 17 people, 29.31%
- Furosemide: 14 people, 24.14%
- Digoxin: 13 people, 22.41%
- Fluoxetine: 12 people, 20.69%
- Cozaar: 12 people, 20.69%
- Spironolactone: 11 people, 18.97%
- Xarelto: 10 people, 17.24%
- Cordarone: 7 people, 12.07%
- Eliquis: 6 people, 10.34%
- Lasix: 5 people, 8.62%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 18 people, 31.03%
- Cough: 17 people, 29.31%
- Depression: 14 people, 24.14%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 13 people, 22.41%
- International Normalised Ratio Increased: 13 people, 22.41%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 13 people, 22.41%
- Lung Neoplasm (tumour of lung): 13 people, 22.41%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 12 people, 20.69%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 12 people, 20.69%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 12 people, 20.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Bronchiectasis?Check whether Bronchiectasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lee JK, Lee J, Park SS, Heo EY, Park YS, Lee CH, Lee SM, Yoon HI, Yim JJ, Yoo CG, Chung HS, "Effect of inhalers on the development of haemoptysis in patients with non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis", The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, 2014 Mar .
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
COVID vaccines that are related to Bronchiectasis:
- Bronchiectasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bronchiectasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bronchiectasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bronchiectasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Bronchiectasis:
- Bronchiectasis (1,144 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bronchiectasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Bronchiectasis:
- Bronchiectasis (696 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Bronchiectasis and Atrial fibrillation/flutter, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.