Atrial fibrillation and Enlarged heart - from FDA reports
Enlarged heart is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Digoxin and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Enlarged heart with Atrial fibrillation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 265 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
265 people who have Atrial Fibrillation and Enlarged Heart are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Atrial Fibrillation and experience Enlarged Heart *:
- female: 61.39 %
- male: 38.61 %
Age of people who have Atrial Fibrillation and experience Enlarged Heart *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.44 %
- 30-39: 3.93 %
- 40-49: 4.8 %
- 50-59: 9.61 %
- 60+: 81.22 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (31 people, 11.70%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (13 people, 4.91%)
- Cardiac Failure (13 people, 4.91%)
- Diabetes (10 people, 3.77%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (8 people, 3.02%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin (141 people, 53.21%)
- Warfarin Sodium (76 people, 28.68%)
- Lasix (66 people, 24.91%)
- Furosemide (60 people, 22.64%)
- Coumadin (59 people, 22.26%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (94 people, 35.47%)
- Pleural Effusion (74 people, 27.92%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (72 people, 27.17%)
- Weakness (67 people, 25.28%)
- Hypotension (67 people, 25.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Enlarged heart and Atrial fibrillation?
- Check symptoms - is your enlarged heart caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEnlarged heart and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa (latest reports from 181,336 Atrial fibrillation patients)
Enlarged heart has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, diabetes (latest reports from 14,478 Enlarged heart patients).
Browse all symptoms of Atrial fibrillationa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Enlarged heartEnlarged heart
Other conditions that could case Enlarged heartEnlarged heart
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue
may 3, 2017 surgery to remove cancer tumor from right kidney. IV of Dilaudid or morphine, don't remember which, for two day. then dilaudid for about 5 days, then to the ER with afib. then 3 days later back to the ER with afib. both times, they were able to give me a shot the put me back ...