Will you have Hearing loss with Atrial fibrillation - from FDA reports
Hearing loss is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Pradaxa and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Hearing loss and Atrial fibrillation, and their synonyms.
What is Atrial fibrillation?
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Acebutolol hydrochloride, Amiodarone hydrochloride, Amlodipine besylate, Aspirin, Atenolol (latest reports from 225,638 Atrial fibrillation patients)
What is Hearing loss?
Hearing loss has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 16,616 Hearing loss patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
98 people who have Atrial Fibrillation and Hearing Loss are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Atrial Fibrillation and experience Hearing Loss *:
- female: 54.74 %
- male: 45.26 %
Age of people who have Atrial Fibrillation and experience Hearing Loss *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 1.35 %
- 50-59: 5.41 %
- 60+: 90.54 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 13.27%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 11 people, 11.22%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 10 people, 10.20%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 9 people, 9.18%
- Pain: 7 people, 7.14%
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (cancer of lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell): 7 people, 7.14%
- Mineral Supplementation: 7 people, 7.14%
- Thyroid Diseases: 7 people, 7.14%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 5.10%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 4 people, 4.08%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Pradaxa: 26 people, 26.53%
- Synthroid: 15 people, 15.31%
- Coumadin: 12 people, 12.24%
- Lasix: 11 people, 11.22%
- Bactrim: 11 people, 11.22%
- Xarelto: 11 people, 11.22%
- Aspirin: 9 people, 9.18%
- Digoxin: 8 people, 8.16%
- Lisinopril: 8 people, 8.16%
- Calcium: 8 people, 8.16%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Dizziness: 21 people, 21.43%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 17 people, 17.35%
- Weakness: 15 people, 15.31%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14 people, 14.29%
- Rashes (redness): 13 people, 13.27%
- Fall: 12 people, 12.24%
- Pneumonia: 12 people, 12.24%
- Hypoacusis (loss of hearing): 12 people, 12.24%
- Head Injury: 12 people, 12.24%
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears): 12 people, 12.24%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hearing loss with Atrial fibrillation?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who have Hearing loss and Atrial fibrillation
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim DJ, Lee SC, Park GS, Kim GJ, Hwang WT, Lee CS, Lee MH, Hahn DH, Koh HC, "Amiodarone Induced Multiorgan Toxicity in a Patient of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy With Atrial Fibrillation", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2013 Dec .
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Tesic D, Kostic M, Paunovic D, Jankovic SM, "Analysis of the cost–effectiveness of dronedarone versus amiodarone, propafenone, and sotalol in patients with atrial fibrillation: results for Serbia", Kardiologia Polska (Polish Heart Journal), 2015 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with Hearing lossHearing loss (2,102 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause Hearing lossHearing loss (1,792 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Atrial fibrillationa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Recent general studies
- Lortab vs. Bextra - now
- What to expect when you take Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 and Synthroid - 3 seconds ago
- Indomethacin and Galega drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Mixed Type with Doxazosin Mesylate? - 4 seconds ago
- Nizatidine and Haba Soya drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Fentanyl and Jaguar Gum drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Nizatidine and Fs drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (Ohs) with Rhubarb? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Rebound Effect with Aspirin? - 8 seconds ago
- Paxil and Dalfampridine drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - 37 minutes ago
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Cogentin, Baclofen, Tranxene, Estradiol, Lisinopril - an hour ago
- A study for a 37 year old man who takes Morphine - an hour ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Warfarin Sodium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 17 year old girl who takes Synthroid - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Vyvanse, Lunesta for a 37 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Mirena - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 41 year old man who takes Allegra Allergy, Lexapro - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Concerta - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Panadol - 4 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.