Autism and Hair loss
Hair loss is reported only by a few people with Autism.
The study analyzes which people have Hair loss with Autism. It is created by eHealthMe based on 5 people who have Hair loss and Autism from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5 people who have Autism and Hair Loss are studied.
What is Autism?
Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) is found to be associated with 421 drugs and 281 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Hair loss?
Hair loss is found to be associated with 3,828 drugs and 3,339 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Hair loss in Autism reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Autism and experienced Hair Loss *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Autism and experienced Hair Loss *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Pneumonia: 3 people, 60.00%
- Breast Cancer: 3 people, 60.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 40.00%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Taxotere: 3 people, 60.00%
- Questran: 3 people, 60.00%
- Medrol: 3 people, 60.00%
- Herceptin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Cyclophosphamide: 3 people, 60.00%
- Alprazolam: 3 people, 60.00%
- Zovirax: 2 people, 40.00%
- Risperdal: 2 people, 40.00%
- Prozac: 2 people, 40.00%
- Multivitamin: 2 people, 40.00%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Organising Pneumonia (pathologically by the presence in the distal air spaces of buds of granulation tissue): 3 people, 60.00%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 60.00%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 60.00%
- Bone Pain: 3 people, 60.00%
- Anal Haemorrhage: 3 people, 60.00%
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 20.00%
- Pulmonary Toxicity (side effects on the lungs): 1 person, 20.00%
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (chronic lung disease): 1 person, 20.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Hair loss?Check whether Hair loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Saeed W, Gupta N, Mendez M, "Drug induced Acute Pancreatitis in an Adolescent with Seizure Disorder and Autism", Research Journal of Clinical Pediatrics, 2017 Jul .
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2015 Jan .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
COVID vaccines that are related to Hair loss:
- Hair loss in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hair loss in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hair loss in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hair loss:
- Taxotere: 34,064 reports
- Docetaxel: 25,062 reports
- Methotrexate: 16,710 reports
- Humira: 14,833 reports
- Enbrel: 14,300 reports
- Prednisone: 13,908 reports
- Neosar: 11,976 reports
- Remicade: 10,226 reports
- Orencia: 9,671 reports
- Arava: 8,730 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,828 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hair loss:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 18,564 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 13,366 reports
- Breast cancer: 11,002 reports
- Chemotherapy: 8,910 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,484 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,339 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Hair loss and Autism, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metoprolol Succinate and Xalatan drug interaction - a minute ago
- Vytorin and Optic Ischaemic Neuropathy - a minute ago
- Glaucoma and Lacrimation Increased - 2 minutes ago
- Depo-Provera and Metabolic Acidosis - 2 minutes ago
- Demadex and Fatty Liver - 2 minutes ago
- Ditropan Xl and Trusopt drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Vraylar and Mood Swings - 3 minutes ago
- Azithromycin and Meningism - 4 minutes ago
- Alendronate Sodium and Joint Swelling - 4 minutes ago
- Periostat and Nasal Mucosal Disorder - 4 minutes ago