Birth control and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people with Birth control, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, take medication Ortho evra and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Birth control. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8 people who have Birth control from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 02, 2017
8 people who have Birth Control and Acute Psychosis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Birth Control and experience Acute Psychosis *:
- female: 87.5 %
- male: 12.5 %
Age of people who have Birth Control and experience Acute Psychosis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 16.67 %
- 20-29: 50.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (2 people, 25.00%)
- Preventive Health Care (2 people, 25.00%)
- Narcolepsy (1 person, 12.50%)
- Endometriosis (1 person, 12.50%)
- Dysmenorrhea (1 person, 12.50%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Remicade (2 people, 25.00%)
- Ortho Evra (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lupron Depot (1 person, 12.50%)
- Keppra (1 person, 12.50%)
- Depakote (1 person, 12.50%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Depression (4 people, 50.00%)
- Suicidal Ideation (2 people, 25.00%)
- Psychotic Disorder (2 people, 25.00%)
- Personality Change (2 people, 25.00%)
- Galactorrhea (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acute psychosis and Birth control?
- Check symptoms - is your acute psychosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcute psychosis and Birth control from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Birth control can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 186,285 Birth control patients)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Browse all symptoms of Birth controla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
Other conditions that could case Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I am joining this group as I am worried that my daughter is suffering from some kind of psychosis or paranoia, she started taking sulphasalazine shortly after the birth of her daughter 2 years ago. I have come across a few things online about this drug and psychosis so need to know more . Thank ...
My mother is skeptical of my birth control. I was first taking a pill called MonoNessa. Now, i use Nuvaring. 8 months ago, I started having feet and ankle pain. I later got diagnosed with tendoniitis in both of my feet. Its so bad now that i use a wheelchair. I may have to have surgery soon. Im ...
Hello everyone Just wanted to let you know that I'm having insomnia after 10 months on the shot and it's really affecting my life.i would like to know exactly how the synthetic hormones affects our slee.my gynae said it could not have been the shot that's causing the insomnia.
I have severe psychosis symptoms and a bunch of other physical, gastroenterology, and psychological side effects with long term use of Biaxin. I have been on it for 17 years and get severe withdraw when I stop taking it within 1-2 days. My Doctor recently told me he was prescribing it as an ...