Crohn's disease and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people with Crohn's disease, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Humira and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Crohn's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,686 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
9,686 people who have Crohn'S Disease and Diarrhea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Crohn'S Disease and experience Diarrhea *:
- female: 65.81 %
- male: 34.19 %
Age of people who have Crohn'S Disease and experience Diarrhea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.39 %
- 10-19: 7.21 %
- 20-29: 15.4 %
- 30-39: 17.84 %
- 40-49: 18.11 %
- 50-59: 19.63 %
- 60+: 21.41 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 576 people, 5.95%
- Depression: 570 people, 5.88%
- Pain: 568 people, 5.86%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 504 people, 5.20%
- Stress And Anxiety: 424 people, 4.38%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Humira: 6,232 people, 64.34%
- Remicade: 1,589 people, 16.41%
- Cimzia: 954 people, 9.85%
- Prednisone: 647 people, 6.68%
- Pentasa: 528 people, 5.45%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain: 2,741 people, 28.30%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,508 people, 15.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1,459 people, 15.06%
- Drug Ineffective: 1,366 people, 14.10%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,178 people, 12.16%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diarrhea with Crohn's disease?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diarrhea
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Azathioprine, Prednisone (latest reports from 168,123 Crohn's disease patients)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,036 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (3,992 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,953 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Crohn's diseasea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiarrhea and Crohn's disease from FDA and eHealthMe reports (9,724 reports)
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Crohn'S Disease and Diarrhea
- Support group for people who have Crohn'S Disease (195 members)
- Support group for people who have Diarrhea (596 members)
Can you answer these questions
- while taking Plavix is there anything that can help with the diarrhea ?
- What has helped you with dirrhea caused by sutent
- What can someone who takes Prednisone for ITP also take for diarrhea?
- They recovered from Crohns and surgery, still had cfs chronic fatigue for years, and now are told they have symptoms of dry macular degeneration. Could wheat proteins ATI (amylase trypsin inhibitors) help with their...
- Taking humira and it works well. Need a hip replacement due to arthritis and will have to stop the humira. Has anyone done the same??? How did it go?? I am a 67 year old female
You may be interested in these posts
- Since my last colonoscopy in August 2017 I have been suffering from diarrhea. I do not like Imodium and have started on probiotic supplement + Greek yogurt. So, what is my real problem? I have osteoarthritis, which is a pain 😖. Just started hydrolyzed animal collagen, which may help the OA, but...
- Need reccomendations For add meds to take w Crohns for teenage boy who is very underweight and newly diagnosed w Crohns. Thanks
- Is there anything over the counter to take for diarrhea with Jardience? I'm only on day 3 of the drug and I can't leave the toilet! Thanks for your help.
- I was having diarrhea before starting Cymbalta and it has gotten worse through the months. I will have another colonoscopy. As soon as I eat, I am to the bathroom within 10-15 minutes. I am diagnosed with Crohn's. But the diarrhea I have starts soft, turns to mush, and then greasy/slimy clumps...
- I'm a T1D (26 years) Just got diagnosed w ilieits this week. Hoping it's only infectious and goes away... the steroids are killing my sugars! Basal rates are at 3x and bolus is at 2x... hoping this comes out ok..
- Will you have Anxiolytic Therapy with Colloidal Silver?
- Will you have Tension with Colloidal Silver?
- Will you have Stress with Colloidal Silver?
- Will you have Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension with Colloidal Silver?
- Will you have General Ill Feeling with Dementia?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Colloidal Silver and have Anxiolytic Therapy?
- Support group for people who take Colloidal Silver and have Tension?
- Support group for people who take Colloidal Silver and have Stress?
- Support group for people who take Colloidal Silver and have Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension?
- Support group for people who have Dementia and General Ill Feeling?
- What to expect when you take Colloidal Silver and have Anxiolytic Therapy?
- What to expect when you take Colloidal Silver and have Tension?
- What to expect when you take Colloidal Silver and have Stress?
- What to expect when you take Colloidal Silver and have Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension?
- What to expect when you have Dementia and General Ill Feeling?
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Simponi Aria, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3, Arava, Zyrtec, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Armodafinil, Morphine, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Cytomel, Calcium, Zoloft, Temazepam, Lyrica, Magnesium, Natpara, Sulfasalazine, Oxycodone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pristiq
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Prilosec
- A study for a 54 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Torsemide
- A study for a 75 year old man who takes Prevacid, Xarelto
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Invokana
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.