Crohn's disease and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people with Crohn's disease, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Humira and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Crohn's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,686 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA , and is updated regularly.
9,686 people who have Crohn'S Disease and Diarrhea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Crohn'S Disease and experience Diarrhea *:
- female: 65.81 %
- male: 34.19 %
Age of people who have Crohn'S Disease and experience Diarrhea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.39 %
- 10-19: 7.21 %
- 20-29: 15.4 %
- 30-39: 17.84 %
- 40-49: 18.11 %
- 50-59: 19.63 %
- 60+: 21.41 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 576 people, 5.95%
- Depression: 570 people, 5.88%
- Pain: 568 people, 5.86%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 504 people, 5.20%
- Stress And Anxiety: 424 people, 4.38%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Humira: 6,232 people, 64.34%
- Remicade: 1,589 people, 16.41%
- Cimzia: 954 people, 9.85%
- Prednisone: 647 people, 6.68%
- Pentasa: 528 people, 5.45%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain: 2,741 people, 28.30%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,508 people, 15.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1,459 people, 15.06%
- Drug Ineffective: 1,366 people, 14.10%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,178 people, 12.16%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diarrhea
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Crohn's disease and Diarrhea
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Azathioprine, Prednisone (latest reports from 168,123 Crohn's disease patients)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,036 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (3,409 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,964 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Crohn's diseasea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Crohn'S Disease and Diarrhea
- Support group for people who have Crohn'S Disease (209 members)
- Support group for people who have Diarrhea (653 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- Male, 78 years old, Crohn's and Multiple Myeloma
- Just seeing if anyone else has experienced both of these. I’m currently pregnant fot the second time with debilatating hyperemisis.
- I'm so happy to have found this group!
- I have had severe diahrea since taking levimir. It won't go away. My name is Pat from Nebraska
- Hlo i am an crohns patient. I use mesalamine but of no work. I used budesonide from one week which gave me all relief but i am getting rectal bleeding. Scared of bleeding. Azathioprine had also same rectal bleeding. So scarred of both medicines and pain. Need some suggestions.
- What to expect when you take Theochron and have Dysarthria?
- Will you have Implant Site Scar with Trazodone Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Death Sudden with Chlorpheniramine Maleate?
- What to expect when you take Gastrocrom and have Skin Rash?
- Will you have Rapid Heart Beat with Depo-Provera?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Trazodone Hydrochloride and have Implant Site Scar?
- Support group for people who take Chlorpheniramine Maleate and have Death Sudden?
- Support group for people who take Depo-Provera and have Rapid Heart Beat?
- Support group for people who take Escitalopram and have High Blood Sugar?
- Support group for people who take Valium and have Twitch - Eyelid?
- Have BPH - am 88 years - had Turp 17 yrs ago - urologist prefers finasteride 5mg and Flomax 0.4mg -...
- Doctor appointment. No asthma symptoms for several months. Therefore he said I could discontinue...
- I am a 71 year old male and in relatively good shape. I was working out and riding my bike 10-15...
- I have squamous carcinoma. Just found out recently. I go into the dermatologist on Monday for...
- Have BPH - urologist put me on Finasterde 5mg and Flomax 0.4mg - after 2 months developing pvc,s in...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.