Crohn's disease and Diarrhoea - from FDA reports
Diarrhoea is found among people with Crohn's disease, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Humira and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhoea with Crohn's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,686 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA , and is updated regularly.
9,686 people who have Crohn'S Disease and Diarrhoea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Crohn'S Disease and experience Diarrhoea *:
- female: 65.81 %
- male: 34.19 %
Age of people who have Crohn'S Disease and experience Diarrhoea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.39 %
- 10-19: 7.21 %
- 20-29: 15.4 %
- 30-39: 17.84 %
- 40-49: 18.11 %
- 50-59: 19.63 %
- 60+: 21.41 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 576 people, 5.95%
- Depression: 570 people, 5.88%
- Pain: 568 people, 5.86%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 504 people, 5.20%
- Stress And Anxiety: 424 people, 4.38%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Humira: 6,232 people, 64.34%
- Remicade: 1,589 people, 16.41%
- Cimzia: 954 people, 9.85%
- Prednisone: 647 people, 6.68%
- Pentasa: 528 people, 5.45%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain: 2,741 people, 28.30%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,508 people, 15.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1,459 people, 15.06%
- Drug Ineffective: 1,366 people, 14.10%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,178 people, 12.16%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diarrhoea
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Crohn's disease and Diarrhoea
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Azathioprine, Prednisone (latest reports from 168,123 Crohn's disease patients)
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,036 Diarrhoea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrhoeaDiarrhoea (1,975 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DiarrhoeaDiarrhoea (5,097 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Crohn's diseasea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Crohn'S Disease and Diarrhoea
- Support group for people who have Crohn'S Disease (209 members)
- Support group for people who have Diarrhoea (653 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- Male, 78 years old, Crohn's and Multiple Myeloma
- Just seeing if anyone else has experienced both of these. I’m currently pregnant fot the second time with debilatating hyperemisis.
- I'm so happy to have found this group!
- I have had severe diahrea since taking levimir. It won't go away. My name is Pat from Nebraska
- Hlo i am an crohns patient. I use mesalamine but of no work. I used budesonide from one week which gave me all relief but i am getting rectal bleeding. Scared of bleeding. Azathioprine had also same rectal bleeding. So scarred of both medicines and pain. Need some suggestions.
- Will you have Injection Site Bruising with Acular?
- What to expect when you take Aciphex and have Hyporeflexia?
- Sodium Bicarbonate and Ifosfamide drug interaction
- Will you have Segmental Glomerulosclerosis with Omeprazole?
- What to expect when you take Olmesartan Medoxomil and Cialis
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Acular and have Injection Site Bruising?
- Support group for people who take Sodium Bicarbonate and Ifosfamide
- Support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Segmental Glomerulosclerosis?
- Support group for people who take Mestinon and have Faecal Incontinence?
- Support group for people who take Sodium Ascorbate and Metformin
- I was on velcade for myeloma for three months, off for one month now. My calls are always cold,...
- I've been taking 6.25 of Valsartan for almost 3 years. I first started with constipation after...
- I have vitiligo since I was 9 years old, (now I am 36y) but I had only a few lesions, when I had my...
- Now I see why Dr now wants a stool sample so they can find blood and put me on some other...
- Do you take omepresole or nexium? They can cause sudo fibromyalgia! I changed to Protonix and my...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.