Depression and Drug withdrawal syndrome - from FDA reports
Drug withdrawal syndrome is found among people with Depression, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, take medication Cymbalta and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Drug withdrawal syndrome with Depression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,280 people who have Depression from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
9,280 people who have Depression and Drug Withdrawal Syndrome are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Depression and experience Drug Withdrawal Syndrome *:
- female: 72.95 %
- male: 27.05 %
Age of people who have Depression and experience Drug Withdrawal Syndrome *:
- 0-1: 0.28 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 3.08 %
- 20-29: 12.27 %
- 30-39: 21.71 %
- 40-49: 24.9 %
- 50-59: 22.18 %
- 60+: 15.38 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Pain (1,758 people, 18.94%)
- Stress And Anxiety (981 people, 10.57%)
- Fibromyalgia (249 people, 2.68%)
- High Blood Pressure (209 people, 2.25%)
- Insomnia (192 people, 2.07%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (3,391 people, 36.54%)
- Paxil (1,479 people, 15.94%)
- Effexor Xr (1,138 people, 12.26%)
- Effexor (563 people, 6.07%)
- Pristiq (503 people, 5.42%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Dizziness (3,701 people, 39.88%)
- Nausea (3,071 people, 33.09%)
- Paraesthesia (2,995 people, 32.27%)
- Suicidal Ideation (2,488 people, 26.81%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2,261 people, 24.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Drug withdrawal syndrome and Depression?
- Check symptoms - is your drug withdrawal syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrug withdrawal syndrome and Depression from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 392,574 Depression patients)
Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 53,112 Drug withdrawal syndrome patients).
Browse all symptoms of Depressiona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Drug withdrawal syndromeDrug withdrawal syndrome
Other conditions that could case Drug withdrawal syndromeDrug withdrawal syndrome
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Has anyone experienced excitability with heart racing and chest pain on enbrel. Have stopped the drug but it still continues once in awhile along with stomach pain and nausea. Been off it for 1 month today.
You may be interested in these reviews
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
Hello, my son is 6.5 years and on this growth hormone after a brain tumour and following cancer treatment. He's been taking the drug for a year now and he's become really badly behaved and is displaying signs of depression. Hoping for some help and advice please. Thanks
I'm depressed and have had thoughts of suicide. I feel alone and desperate for help. I've become a recluse and have a social phobia. I live in Florida, I'm female, married with a 14 YO daughter. I just hate life now.
I have been on anti depressants for over 25 years. I have always had an issue with stealing from the companies I work at. I have now been caught and going to be prosecuted. I need mental help not jail time. I am very scared.
Please help, im in a severe depression! The doctor assured me i would not react with depression with cosentyx. On other biologic i became almost suicidal, and i was so afraid to try this. Here i am again. It took so long to get out of my sytstem before, i dont know if i can survive this again. ...